Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
So, here is the example.

A four player game, and the blue taoist loses his last Qi and dies. His figure goes to the graveyard, he loses all of his equipment, and the ghosts stay on his board.

The next turn for him, and what exactly happens? I understand that the ghosts on his board would take whatever actions that they would have...but what about STEP 2?

What if his board is overrun, what happens then?

What if his board is NOT overrun, what happens then?

If his board IS overrun, he would lose a Qi. But he is already dead, so does anyone actually lose a Qi token? If his board is not overrun, nothing happens, right? Since no ghosts would show up on his turn since he is dead?

I guess, what is confusing me is Step 2 if a taoist is dead. That is really the only thing I cannot figure out....

Thanks

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a monk's board is possessed, the other players will have to suffer the effects and consequences of the ghosts on that board. One of the other players has to lose a Qi in the possessed board's step 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
"One of the other players has to lose a Qi in the possessed board's step 2."

Ah, that is where I was missing it. Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masa kari
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edited --- Incorrect information should not disturb other readers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masakari wrote:
For a dead Toaist you won't draw a Ghost Card as for the neutral board. So you cannot loose 1 Qi for the dead Taoist.

Wrong. When a board is overrun and you can't draw a ghost, that results in a 1 Qi loss which an active player must absorb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masa kari
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, i see, i have read page 7 right at the middle and step 1 and 2 must be played ... so yes the Taoists must loose 1 Qi .... What's a pity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
what if the taoist is dead, but there are only 2 ghosts on his board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masa kari
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are only two ghosts you (will skip step 3 for neutral boards and dead taoists and) go to the next Taoist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masakari wrote:
If there are only two ghosts you (will skip step 3 for neutral boards and dead taoists and) go to the next Taoist.

That's correct. If the two remaining ghosts are haunters or tormentors, they will act as usual, but no new ghosts will be placed in step 3 for a board that is possessed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.