GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games has the only copies of Terra Evolution left. We are making them available exclusively on Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/terra-evolut...

If this takes off we will be able to release it nationwide in 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
maydaygames wrote:
Mayday Games has the only copies of Terra Evolution left. We are making them available exclusively on Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maydaygames/terra-evolut...

If this takes off we will be able to release it nationwide in 2012.

Oh yeah? Is this Kingdom Builder all over again?

I call bollocks!!

quoted for preservation, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so confused. Is KS just a store now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With over 3 weeks left the KS project is only about $100 off from the funding goal, so we are confident it will make it's goal. We are still working with the designers on a contract so we can move forward with the US release but the KS performance will help us determine the size of any future US print run. We are excited for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
I am so confused. Is KS just a store now?

Unfortunately it appears that way.

I just find it crazy that, after the fiasco of the Kingdom Builder deal, they would be happy to jeopardise their reputation in this way. For a business that's as niche as this, you'd think they would put the concerns and thoughts of the maverns at the forefront and be looking to build a loyal and passionate following. I guess, in this case, short-term gain is more important than long-term vision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Nguyen
Australia
Bungarribee
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you know it would sell and don't even need to gauge the market. You just horded the last 200 odd copies and pushed people to Kickstart the idea of the chance of you reprinting it...whilst offloading the first print run.

I'm pretty disappointed by how some people are choosing to use Kickstarter. I feel it goes against the spirit and original intent of the site. However I have already funded this project in unison with my partner, because despite your tarnished name, I'd still like to think that I'm somehow supporting the original developer and fulfilling their dreams. But I'm going to make sure I read closely and closer next time around.

If there is some kind of fiasco or delay with the shipping of my copy and the bonus game as there was for my friend who Kickstarted your Eaten By Zombies game who didn't receive a copy until a good 2-3 months after stores already had it, and after repeated attempts at contacting you (he's still missing his promos by the way)...well...I'll be crying foul all over these forums a la IndigoPotter. Your tracking numbers don't mean shit.

Innocent until proven guilty, right? This will be my first time dealing directly with you and I'm praying it'll be smooth. Congrats on funding your Kickstarter. You'll be hearing me sing praise if all goes well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smittenkitten wrote:
Pretty sure you know it would sell and don't even need to gauge the market. You just horded the last 200 odd copies and pushed people to Kickstart the idea of the chance of you reprinting it...whilst offloading the first print run.

I'm pretty disappointed by how some people are choosing to use Kickstarter. I feel it goes against the spirit and original intent of the site. However I have already funded this project in unison with my partner, because despite your tarnished name, I'd still like to think that I'm somehow supporting the original developer and fulfilling their dreams. But I'm going to make sure I read closely and closer next time around.

If there is some kind of fiasco or delay with the shipping of my copy and the bonus game as there was for my friend who Kickstarted your Eaten By Zombies game who didn't receive a copy until a good 2-3 months after stores already had it, and after repeated attempts at contacting you (he's still missing his promos by the way)...well...I'll be crying foul all over these forums a la IndigoPotter. Your tracking numbers don't mean shit.

Innocent until proven guilty, right? This will be my first time dealing directly with you and I'm praying it'll be smooth. Congrats on funding your Kickstarter. You'll be hearing me sing praise if all goes well.

Yep, and in the last backer update, they are now trying to dump the last copies for an additional $29/each for existing backers. I won't be surprised if they over-sell the game and end up in yet another scandal.

I am not supporting this project or any other future Mayday projects. I learned my lesson with the various issues I had with their sleeves, King's Vineyard, and Get Bit!. Three strikes and I'm done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... And now he's selling them for 25% off, cheaper than what I Kickstarted for, shipped 2 weeks later.

http://maydaygames.com/terra-evolution-deck-building-game.ht...

He just emailed a coupon code. When will I learn, and when will it end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had about 50 copies unspoken for and offered all existing backers the chance to buy an extra UNNUMBERED copy at 25% off the MSRP with a single-use coupon (once per customer) for these last few copies. It seems a lot of the other backers of the game were excited to take us up on this and appreciated the offer. If this extra offer exclusively for Kickstarter backers is offensive somehow then please just don't take advantage of it.

It certainly wasn't intended to be a negative. If you weren't a backer then you could buy one of these last few unnumbered copies at MaydayGames.com at full retail plus shipping of our site yes, but that is more than they were available for on Kickstarter and they are not being sold as the numbered ones.

The game has no USA release date and they are not available anywhere else in the USA as far as we know. If you would like the game then this is your chance to get it. If you don't though you certainly don't have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We had about 50 copies unspoken for and offered all existing backers the chance to buy an extra UNNUMBERED copy at 25% off the MSRP with a single-use coupon (once per customer) for these last few copies. It seems a lot of the other backers of the game were excited to take us up on this and appreciated the offer. If this extra offer exclusively for Kickstarter backers is offensive somehow then please just don't take advantage of it.

It certainly wasn't intended to be a negative. If you weren't a backer then you could buy one of these last few unnumbered copies at MaydayGames.com at full retail plus shipping of our site yes, but that is more than they were available for on Kickstarter and they are not being sold as the numbered ones.

The game has no USA release date and they are not available anywhere else in the USA as far as we know. If you would like the game then this is your chance to get it. If you don't though you certainly don't have to.

Selling the extra copies to KS backers is one thing, but you e-mailed your entire Mayday Games list this:

Terra Evolution Available!
For those who missed it on KickStarter...

Terra Evolution Is Here!
After a wildly successful funding run, more than doubling it's goal on KickStarter, Terra Evolution is now available for purchase.

All orders for Terra Evolution placed through our website will begin shipping at the end of this month, after all KickStarter supporters have received their copies.

FOR 25% OFF TERRA EVOLUTION USE COUPON CODE: kickstarter

How do I know that this wasn't JUST for people who Kickstarted? You sent it to a different e-mail than the one that I use KS for. That e-mail was registered on your site's mailing list, and my main is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize this had gone out to everyone, our newsletter guy was supposed to send it just to Kickstarter people but I see you are right. We are sold out anyway now and have none left on our site at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Horn
United States
FPO
AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the Kickstarter copies shipped yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They will be shipping out starting Thursday and should be finished by Friday. Finishing up the labels now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Horn
United States
FPO
AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted the delivery confirmation #s and customs #s for backers of the game on the Kickstarter project. We have a few more we have to manually do for the heavier ($100+) pledges but we will get those out Thursday or Friday as well.

We also announced a special bonus with each copy that was backed. Hope you enjoy the game everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
I didn't realize this had gone out to everyone, our newsletter guy was supposed to send it just to Kickstarter people but I see you are right. We are sold out anyway now and have none left on our site at all.

If by 'sold out' and 'none left' you mean 'listed on the website as instock and the coupon code still works', then you're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They sent a few extra in the shipment and we have a few un-numbered ones left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, apparently this wasn't really a Mayday exclusive game after all since Boards & Bits is selling it already.

maydaygames wrote:
They sent a few extra in the shipment and we have a few un-numbered ones left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
Uh, apparently this wasn't really a Mayday exclusive game after all since Boards & Bits has it in stock.

Well they did have a store wholesale option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
Uh, apparently this wasn't really a Mayday exclusive game after all since Boards & Bits has it in stock.

Well they did have a store wholesale option.

Ah, true. Looks like there were 3 "Store Supporter" pledges made, so B&B could have been one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.