7 Posts

Risk 2210 A.D.» Forums » Variants

Subject: Print Ready Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nolan Archer
Canada
flag msg tools
I had asked for RISK2210 Expansions on my Christmas wish list and my wife has been awesome enough to attempt it. However she got so frustrated that she finally told me she had been trying but that it was beyond her. She had looked at the files I had previously downloaded and collected but then discovered that many of them are in low resolution (72 dpi or 150 dpi) instead of the minimum 300 dpi needed for print. She uploaded a ton of cards to artscow and then realized artscow will ONLY print in standard card sizes and RISK card sizes are smaller. You can't mix in land command cards for example from an expansion into the originals without them sticking out (literally) like a sore thumb. So then she tried calling the local university print shop and they said they'd foam mount maps for $5/sqf and could very cost-effectively print cards. But they need them in sheet pdfs with a bleed area and the card backs in the same format so that they can double-sided print them on card stock. Well the problem with that is that as far as I can tell, only Commanders 2.5 was completed to that level. We do not have photoshop and even if I downloaded a trial (I used to be all pro at using it ten years ago) I don't have the time to touch it - that's why it was on my wishlist; I'm super busy trying to get siding on my house. My wife doesn't know how to use photoshop and would be lost. So any interest in vamping up the expansions that are on the site? Or any suggestions regarding printing that I've overlooked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Archer
Canada
flag msg tools
Achrata is in low res and the cards need to be put on sheets

Grinborg Zombies are almost good to go. They need a bleed area and the tech commander cards need card backs.

Relics from commanders 2.5 need bleed
The antarctica land cards need bleed and backs

I think if someone used the sheets from commanders 2.5 as a template, or if whoever made it wanted to post a template, it would be pretty easy to get these expansions polished up.

Obviously I'm not being very helpful, but I'd like to contribute so when these things are done, I could try to arrange getting them printed in mass and mailing them out to anyone leery of the actual printing process at cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion stuff I've worked on is playable, but not print-ready.

have you tried the rules for one or more of the multimap variants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kraling
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I printed the copy I have (which is at 72 dpi). I mounted it on a poster frame, so it's perfectly playable that way. I took it (on USB) to my local print shop, asked the to print this at these dimensions & bingo...
It prints at 52 x 39 inches. It's not the official map, but it works just fine! I wish I could remember where I found it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kraling
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshgambit wrote:

I printed the copy I have (which is at 72 dpi). I mounted it on a poster frame, so it's perfectly playable that way. I took it (on USB) to my local print shop, asked the to print this at these dimensions & bingo...
It prints at 52 x 39 inches. It's not the official map, but it works just fine! I wish I could remember where I found it...

Have you looked at this: http://www.mediafire.com/risk2210
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dietzen
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I used the link above to get the maps, but I don't know what font to use for filling in the names for the Europa map to make it complete. Would like to keep the whole map looking the same. Does anyone know what lettering style is used for this map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh... I know someone mentioned it, but I'm not sure where. Try asking Geoff Burbidge. http://boardgamegeek.com/user/burbidge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.