Subject: Battle Plans and Forced March rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just started my first game and this seems a very impressive product. I've not played any of the Field Commander series before, but I'm already looking forward to Nimitz.

I seek clarification on 2 points;

The enemy has 2 counters for each of his battle plans but the French have only one. I assume that if I can choose 2 battle plans for the French, I am not restricted by the number of counters available, ie I can assign an Engage to 2 units as my 2 battle plans? This seems correct, given that the same default plan can be used by more than one unit, but it may not be allowed for play balance purposes, because I have more control over what the French do.

Post Battle Forced March. Does this only apply to the French force that has just fought a battle, or can other French forces move? I assume the former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong on these answers but I am pretty sure I am right.

1. The battle plan counters are limited to one use by one force. I base this on the following rule statement:

Second paragraph under Battle Overview page 11: Battle Plan counters are more powerful than Default Plans and allow the Force you place them on to do more actions. Any Force that does not recieve a Battle Plan counter uses a Default Battle Plan.

So basically if you have a counter you place it on the one force you want to use it, otherwise you select any of the default plans you want, which you can use multiple times. The Battle Plan counters are considered special actions and limited in their use while the default plans are unlimited.

2. Any of your Mobile Forces, not just the ones in combat, can be moved as long as there are no enemy forces present. The downside to this added mobility is that it uses up supplies.

I hope I helped. I am pretty sure I am right but if anyone else (especially Mr Verssen) has any insight please let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just seen an earlier post. I am limited to 1 of each Battle Plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.