Trey brumley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does a 1-repair count positive on Adamas turn if establish network is in play? I guess there are two possibilities (assuming blue is not positive on the check)

1) the card is worth -2
2) the card is worth +2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
A 1-Repair on Adama's turn with Establish Network in play does indeed could positive. Similarly, Establish Network does not cause Red Tape to discard 3-Scientific Research but not 6-Build Nuke. For effects like these, refer to the card's printed value, not its modified value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the card counts as +1, and then is doubled to a +2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey brumley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only reason I would disagree is establish network specifically says double before totalling strength. I'm not sure why it would say this if not to include effects from red tqpe and Adama

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tipbruley wrote:
The only reason I would disagree is establish network specifically says double before totalling strength. I'm not sure why it would say this if not to include effects from red tqpe and Adama

Given that we already have a ruling specifically stating that Establish Network applies after Red Tape, I would say that the same applies to Adama's ability, so the end result is a +2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tipbruley wrote:

Because doubling it after totaling wouldn't affect the total, so it would be useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheza Moonmaiden
Germany
flag msg tools
It's easy to keep this in mind. All cards that refer to the strength of a skill card, regard the printed value, not the modified value.

Therefore, red tape only eliminates cards with a 5 or 6 printed on them and Adama's ability makes all cards with a 1 printed on them positive, no matter if an "establish network" was played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.