Subject: 2-player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
unkle
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there adaptation to the 2-player game in Trajan, especially for the senate tiles ? I was expecting one, but could not find it in the rules (meaning it is not there, or that I am getting dumber aging)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about you, but I'm sure not getting any sharper as I get older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
unkle
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I don't know about you, but I'm sure not getting any sharper as I get older.

Oh well, surely not. I was hoping to be able to read rules and play games for at least the next 30 years, though. 70 seems a reasonnable age for retiring from boardgames.... zombie

Anyway I was re-re-re-reading the rules, and adjustment I could not find (time track/forum are obvious ones, of course). Still on the fence about having none on senate bonus tiles, or about the dumber thingee...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll retire from boardgames when I retire from life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brigitte Haas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays very well with two players. By rule, there are fewer forum tiles available, and that's really the only variant you'll ever need. And one of the concerns about the game--the perceived starting player advantage--is certainly mitigated in the two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
unkle
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knit4VPs wrote:
It plays very well with two players. By rule, there are fewer forum tiles available, and that's really the only variant you'll ever need. And one of the concerns about the game--the perceived starting player advantage--is certainly mitigated in the two player game.

I do not mind the first player perceived advantage. T&E has it too, it is still a 10 in my book. You play diiferently based on board position, and it makes winning in 4th place a triumph.

I need to play it more with 2p, to see if the game would be better with no tile for the second player on the senate track...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m about to try a 2p game right now, but with the 2nd player getting a bonus that probably won´t need, and getting it on the grey side probably is a downside enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to agree with Unkle. The Senate track seems well underpowered in 2-player, and the military and construction actions a little overpowered. I'd be interested in hearing thoughts for variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played it tonight, we thought the Senate track was more than fine, since you're getting points for each move along the track. In the first round I got to the 6 spot, for a nice 20 points plus the bonus tile.

We did decide that second place wouldn't get the bonus tile if they hadn't moved off the starting space though. That forces them to take the action at least once to earn it.

For me it was the shipping track, that took a ton of actions, and hardly seemed to generate any points at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.