Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there. As is obvious from other posts on this site and elsewhere there is confusion over the Catan card game series because they kept updating it.

To my understanding there is:

1. The settlers of catan card game
2. Catan: card game
3. Catan: card game expansion set
4. Catan: card game expansion set - revised edition
5. The rivals for Catan card game
6. The struggle for Catan card game
7. The rivals for Catan - age of darkness expansion

I already had #5 and have recently purchased #4, #6, and #7.

I know #6 is a standalone 2-4 player card game and does not mix with the other sets.

I know #7 is clearly compatible with #5.

The question I can't find the answer to is this: is #4 compatible with #5? In other words is the revised edition of the Catan: card game expansion set (which includes 6 expansion add-ons) compatible with the rivals for catan card game? The latter (#5) was released after the former (#4) and I believe the former was originally intended as an updated expansion for #2.

I would greatly appreciate if someone would let me know. They sure didn't make it easy to follow the Catan card games properly. What a mess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Robbins
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivals is a remake of the original catan card game, and they changed a few of the rules. As far as I know none of the catan card game expansions are compatible with Rivals. So you can only use #4 if you find the origianl card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.