Subject: Contruction Rule Clarifications: Adjacency and Blank Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello folks.

I just bought Galaxy Trucker and it's quite a blast. One thing is confusing me though. When you place a piece on the board, does it have to connect to the other pieces immediately, or can you place it into a blank square and HOPE you connect up to it eventually?

I would guess that the answer is no and that pieces must be adjacent to previously placed tiles to count as a placed piece and thus to allow the player to pick a new piece from the pile. But on the other hand, this would be an extremely risky maneuver for anyone not particularly experienced with the game give the threat of credit loss and illegal ship connections.

If the answer is no, can you "connect" two tiles with blank sides during construction and hope to connect the non-blank sides later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sulinde wrote:
Hello folks.

I just bought Galaxy Trucker and it's quite a blast. One thing is confusing me though. When you place a piece on the board, does it have to connect to the other pieces immediately, or can you place it into a blank square and HOPE you connect up to it eventually?

I would guess that the answer is no and that pieces must be adjacent to previously placed tiles to count as a placed piece and thus to allow the player to pick a new piece from the pile. But on the other hand, this would be an extremely risky maneuver for anyone not particularly experienced with the game give the threat of credit loss and illegal ship connections.

If the answer is no, can you "connect" two tiles with blank sides during construction and hope to connect the non-blank sides later?

You must always add to your ship. So you cannot:

1) Place a piece on a completely isolated space
2) Connect only blank-to-blank.

Your ship must be legal at all times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I figured. Also I found the line in the rulebook where it mentions they must be adjacent. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. I just bought the game as well and have been having a lot of fun with it. We have been playing that you can just place pieces wherever you want. But I will have to lay down the law next time we play

I guess you could always store those pieces on your board for later use, if you really want that part. So that option isn't totally gone ... though you have to make sure to use it, or suffer the consequences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a maximum number of pieces can be 'stored', it is not unlimited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you may set aside two as I recall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, it is up to two. Which means as soon as one is finally committed to the board, you can pick up another one to store. Whatever you don't place though is counted against you as a loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.