Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so the whole pro-choice vs. pro-life thing has dragged on for years, and all it's really done is further polarize a bunch of yahoos who have nothing useful to do with their lives. And then there's the vaccine dilemma: Should I subject my kid, who's probably already allergic to casamino acids thanks to all the pollution that GOP-owned conglomerates have been poisoning us with for years, to some vaccine just in order to make it less likely that my friends' and neighbors' children don't get the pertinent disease? After all, I don't really like my friends and neighbors anyway, and my kid should learn to be a hearty little mountain man from a youthful age! But really, two birds one stone time. Just stop inoculating children against anything. Bring back infant mortality of the sort we USED to enjoy. If you don't think this will make people sit up and take notice when it comes time to have an abortion, think again. Everybody knows that for some unspecified time to come we're going to need children if we wish to propagate this glorious race of ours. So to prevent people from actively killing these little champions of personhood, we should really just let bunches of them die from diseases erroneously thought to be "wiped out."

Or have I erred slightly in my understanding of mass psychology?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Yeager
United States
Sykesville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have omitted that whole obstetrics scam, where women actually survive the birth at an astonishing rate. How are guys in their 30s supposed to get decent teen brides when the original missus is shockingly alive after a few children?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The maternal mortality rate is a different thread--I plan to get that one going later. As to your latter question, I believe the answer is "Mormonism in Arizona."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What we need is a really good war, the old fasioned kind. The campighn for real war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
What we need is a really good war, the old fasioned kind. The campighn for real war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
syeager wrote:
You may have omitted that whole obstetrics scam, where women actually survive the birth at an astonishing rate. How are guys in their 30s supposed to get decent teen brides when the original missus is shockingly alive after a few children?

Polygamy requires something to soak up the surplus male population. Historically wars were used for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The repeal of DADT makes Morgan's song choice all the more pertinent! This is also a good time to remind people that at one time I did live in New Jersey, and at another time I frequented the Whisky quite--frequently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Okay, so the whole pro-choice vs. pro-life thing has dragged on for years, and all it's really done is further polarize a bunch of yahoos who have nothing useful to do with their lives. And then there's the vaccine dilemma: Should I subject my kid, who's probably already allergic to casamino acids thanks to all the pollution that GOP-owned conglomerates have been poisoning us with for years, to some vaccine just in order to make it less likely that my friends' and neighbors' children don't get the pertinent disease? After all, I don't really like my friends and neighbors anyway, and my kid should learn to be a hearty little mountain man from a youthful age! But really, two birds one stone time. Just stop inoculating children against anything. Bring back infant mortality of the sort we USED to enjoy. If you don't think this will make people sit up and take notice when it comes time to have an abortion, think again. Everybody knows that for some unspecified time to come we're going to need children if we wish to propagate this glorious race of ours. So to prevent people from actively killing these little champions of personhood, we should really just let bunches of them die from diseases erroneously thought to be "wiped out."

Or have I erred slightly in my understanding of mass psychology?

Given that the world population just, according to some sources, passed 7,000,000,000 people...I'd say nobody is going to be worrying about needing to "propagate this glorious race of ours" anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stop being so 2-dimensional, Khan! Think galactic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.