Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Barbuto
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question was asked in another thread, but it was buried amidst other errata and I don't think it was answered properly, so I'll pose it in its own thread.

I'm attacking Territory X. I want to place an Ammo Shortage there, but the defender wants to place a Bunker. Who gets priority?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Rulebook says, whoever spoke first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Barbuto
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eadric Storm wrote:

Where does it say that? I couldn't find it.

Also what if both players know the other wants to play a scar card in the same territory the next turn? Wouldn't they try to speak over each other as soon as one opens his or her mouth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OtubrabNad wrote:
Eadric Storm wrote:

Also what if both players know the other wants to play a scar card in the same territory the next turn? Wouldn't they try to speak over each other as soon as one opens his or her mouth?

It has been suggested that the easiest way to deal with this is for the attacking player to declare right away "I am attacking Iceland and I play a scar to go with it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OtubrabNad wrote:
Eadric Storm wrote:

In the case of a tie or simultaneous declaration or both people wanting to do it at the same time, priority goes attacker, defender, then clockwise from attacker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically, it's a grey box on page 8, and it references all simultaneous decisions, not just scars -- missiles, for example, go by the same rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Page 8

Turn overview section

Box: Note on timing.

There are some points where more than one player may want to play a scar card or a missile at the same time. If that happens, priority goes to the person who declared first. If it is unclear who declared first, then priority goes to the current player, then the defender (if in combat), then clockwise from the current player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly we just had each person roll a die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.