Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can't Place Throne Room rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rey Rey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey there! Today I playtested Adventure 2 with a friend and we came up with a problem. We made a 9x9 square with no center. Some of the corners also had more tiles. When one of us explored the center the Broken Door came up. According to the adventure we are supposed to put the Throne Room tile in one of the unexplored edges of the Broken Door tile. However, in this case, it is completely surrounded. Where should we then place it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reynier wrote:
Hey there! Today I playtested Adventure 2 with a friend and we came up with a problem. We made a 9x9 square with no center. Some of the corners also had more tiles. When one of us explored the center the Broken Door came up. According to the adventure we are supposed to put the Throne Room tile in one of the unexplored edges of the Broken Door tile. However, in this case, it is completely surrounded. Where should we then place it?

I think that it's the heroes' fault to search for a large throne room in a place where it doesn't fit

I would replace the broken door with the next tile from the top (and repeat doing that for further explorations until the heroes explore a location where it fits).

That's no official ruling, mind that please, but what seems to me most fitting both from a gameplay and thematic perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario specifies to place it "next to the closest unexplored edge of the Broken Door Tile." so if you cannot place it adjacent to the bdt, you can place it elsewhere, provided you have at least 1 unexplored edge on the map.
I'm sure it's written that way to address the problem you got!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Rey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Your suggestion seems good, Thomas. Thanks. Christina, the way you wrote it makes it seem like that is exactly what they were going for. I guess I took it too literally when it said the Throne Room had to be connected to the Broken Door tile (it makes sense that going through the broken door tile takes you to the Throne Room). Thanks for both responses!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.