Subject: Wildlings attacking w/ strength "0"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Wildlings are at strength "0", and the Westeros card, Wildlings Attack is drawn. Does the attack actually happen with a strength of zero? Or is it a guaranteed victory over the Wildlings in that attack?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say, from my reading of the rules (I'm 1 hour away from my first game of it), that, yes, the bidding happens as usual and as long as there are 0+ power bid then the Wildlings are defeated (so a guaranteed victory). Of course, it's may still be worth bidding 1+ for the individual, to try to get the Highest Bidder bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
Ok, I was kind of thinking that, but really wasn't sure.

Thanks

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
That's my thinking, too. Just imagine that a Wildling attack party was scaling the Wall and a sheet of ice collapsed off it, killing them. The Night's Watch manned their battlestations, but it was unnecessary.

The Wall defends itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
we actually played it the other way that there is no wilding attack if its strength 0, it just seemed like minimaxing for the rewards from no actual risk...

I cant recall if this issue was ever resolved in the 1.0 version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Laszlo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In first ed. there was wilding attack at 0 str. at well, that's sure. That was also "like minimaxing for the reward". Still it was allowed. It works here the same i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.