Subject: Hidden units in solo games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hrasky
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I know there's a lot of back and forth as to whether or not COH is viable as a solo game. Obviously, that's not what its designed for, but sometimes its hard to find an opponent.

Anyway, I was curious as to how people who play solo handle hidden units in the game?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere so sorry for any redundancy. I just couldn't find anything about it.

Thank a lot.

Chris in Texas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use dummy counters that I place on the map, with a coffee cup that has all the hidden units and an equal number of blank counters (or obviously wrong counters, what have you). Every time a unit needs to come up, either because it tries to fire or because someone fires on it or comes into LOS of it, I draw from the cup to see if it was a real unit or a dummy counter.

It's simple and perfectly effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hrasky
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Sounds good. Thanks for the response.

Just to make sure...if you want to fire, you draw a counter and if its not the hidden unit's actual counter then you don't fire and replace whatever counter you just pulled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.