Ralph I
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
So Say We All!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it should be obvious (especially when I'm the only one asking), but I can't find any rule that states whether or not the hero holding the Summing Stone has to interact with monsters in any way (battling or escaping) or if he can just ignore them on his way out.

Since the rules don't say otherwise I assume that this hero must play by the same rules as the others, but it doesn't make much sense thematically. If he summons monsters, why must he fight them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had this same question last night during the game and came to the same conclusion as you.
We did also discover that the summoner can use the monsters to cover his retreat, since you can't attack players while there is a monster present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The new summoner can pull in monsters from all over the world, but doesn't fully control them. They still battle monsters like any other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph I
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
So Say We All!
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me. Thanks for the responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.