Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Generous and Kindhearted Rhinoceroses Gaming Group
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This account is a joint account for tracking plays for our gaming group.

Is there a way to copy the game collections of the members into this account and merge them to produce a composite list of games to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see a merge option as being advantageous to geeks who get permanently joined as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
GK Rhinos wrote:
This account is a joint account for tracking plays for our gaming group.

Is there a way to copy the game collections of the members into this account and merge them to produce a composite list of games to play?

I've never seen anyone provide a way to do this, but you might look into creating a guild. With a guild, one can view the collective collection of the members. HTH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
A guild is the mechanism designed for groups like yours. It merges collections and allows discussions and pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
A guild is the mechanism designed for groups like yours. It merges collections and allows discussions and pictures.

This is true. But I've found that since there is no way to screen guild members and disallow/revoke access, our communal collection means nothing. Anyone can join a guild and their collection is immediately taken into account. Even if they've never played with your group and are on the other side of the world.

I liked the way it was done when they first started guilds. It cost GG to form and join. If they went back to that model, I think the guild collection data might actually be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you'd have any renegade joiners if you put a polite message up asking people not to join the guild except by invitation. Guilds are hard enough to find in the first place.

I presume a user joining a guild merely to disrupt it would face the usual Admin sanctions for disruptive behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb

I asked about this elsewhere, and the advice I was given might work for you although I didn't actually need to go that route.

Get each of your members to download their BGG collections (the downloads will be in CSV format) then merge the files and delete duplicates. Once you have a clean file, see if you can contact a friendly Admin person who might be prepared to load up the combined file as your joint account collection.

I can't speak for the willingness of Admin to do this because they are busy, but you could ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Generous and Kindhearted Rhinoceroses Gaming Group
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meepleplex wrote:

I asked about this elsewhere, and the advice I was given might work for you although I didn't actually need to go that route.

Get each of your members to download their BGG collections (the downloads will be in CSV format) then merge the files and delete duplicates. Once you have a clean file, see if you can contact a friendly Admin person who might be prepared to load up the combined file as your joint account collection.

I can't speak for the willingness of Admin to do this because they are busy, but you could ask.

I like that idea. It is slightly more interactive than I had predicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do an advanced search for games owned by each member, and change the status to owned for this account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.