Subject: Extended Example of Play - Infantry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
The extended example of play for infantry is up in the files section.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/73424/extended-example...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very new to this game and war games as a whole. This one seems easier to grasp than others I've tried and this example of play is very helpful. I had a couple of questions though...

1. When a unit enters the map is that considered movement? So even if the unit didn't move beyond that first hex if it wanted to fire it would be considered assault fire?

2. In example #3 towards the bottom it says, "The Germans decline fire and the decoy in G4 is removed as well as the conceal marker in H3." Why are the units revealed? Does it have to do with the reduced US unit in E5?

3. In example #5 if the German unit had missed its second Op Fire proficiency check against the now adjacent US unit would it still not be used? Still remain under op fire?

4. In example #6 when the German unit attempts Final Op Fire its proficiency is reduced by one for moving in the open and adjacent. Why isn't it reduced by two

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the answer to #2 because a unit adjacent to a hedgerow has LOS through it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This one seems easier to grasp than others I've tried and this example of play is very helpful. I had a couple of questions though...

That was my goal.

Quote:
1. When a unit enters the map is that considered movement? So even if the unit didn't move beyond that first hex if it wanted to fire it would be considered assault fire?

Yes to both.

Quote:
2. In example #3 towards the bottom it says, "The Germans decline fire and the decoy in G4 is removed as well as the conceal marker in H3." Why are the units revealed? Does it have to do with the reduced US unit in E5?

Yes, the American squad has LOS to them such that they are in open ground (no positive terrain modifier). They would also be removed if the squad was adjacent (even if it had a positive terrain modifier).

Quote:
3. In example #5 if the German unit had missed its second Op Fire proficiency check against the now adjacent US unit would it still not be used? Still remain under op fire?

Yes to both.

Quote:
4. In example #6 when the German unit attempts Final Op Fire its proficiency is reduced by one for moving in the open and adjacent. Why isn't it reduced by two

I meant one each - that is why the number they need to succeed is a 3. Their proficiency of 4 is reduced by one each so their prof is a 2. With a morale of 5, they need a 3 to pass.

Good questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks so much. Loving it so far and very excited to get into some of the later scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.