Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman Cain isn't the first politician to be side tracked by sexual politics nor will he be the last. The cycle has become predictable and tiresome from accusation to denial to withdrawal from a given race or post often without ever admitting poor behavior. The claim of political motivation is usually present as articuluted so loudly by Hillary Clinton and her "vast right wing conspiracy" and mirrored by Cain's defenders toward the left.

However, one thing stands out for me and that's Cain's apparent long term financial support for a woman without even telling his wife. This kind of thing tells me the isn't very bright or trustworthy. And to crudely paraphrase, he has only to "blame himself" for having to drop out.

I only wish that, if I showed such poor judgement, I could earn millions in the media sphere spinning out my tale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Rulesjd wrote:
Herman Cain isn't the first politician to be side tracked by sexual politics nor will he be the last. The cycle has become predictable and tiresome from accusation to denial to withdrawal from a given race or post often without ever admitting poor behavior. The claim of political motivation is usually present as articuluted so loudly by Hillary Clinton and her "vast right wing conspiracy" and mirrored by Cain's defenders toward the left.

However, one thing stands out for me and that's Cain's apparent long term financial support for a woman without even telling his wife. This kind of thing tells me the isn't very bright or trustworthy. And to crudely paraphrase, he has only to "blame himself" for having to drop out.

I only wish that, if I showed such poor judgement, I could earn millions in the media sphere spinning out my tale.

A good friend of mine, after finishing up law school, decided to go work for the Edward's campaign in 2008. He really believed in the guy.

So, after Edward's announced that he was leaving the race after the release that he had been having a long term affair, I saw him again and asked him his thoughts.

Needless to say, he was PISSED. The fact that Edward's had been having such a long term affair, which was GOING to get exposed and cripple his chance to run, but lied to everyone about it ANYWAY, really bit deep into my buddy. He left law school fairly realistic about power works but idealistic in his desire to try and use power to help people.

Now, he's just cynical. For that, I'm still angry with Edwards, for how he mistreated and roughshod over everyone who believed in him, including my friend.

If I had been a Cain supporter, I'd be just as bitter.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cynic in me thinks that if you really believe in a politician, you deserve the inevitable soul-wrenching smackdown when it turns out the object of your admiration is in fact a scumbag.

The optimist in me has no opinion, because I stabbed it to death a few years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Rulesjd wrote:

Agreed. There's no perfectly innocent explanation for a situation like that.

Best case scenario is that his real name is Dick Whitman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the arrogance of these guys that just never ceases to amaze me. I mean, really, how do they think they're going to get away with it at this point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Powerful men cheat because they're so damn powerful. Seriously. I mean, I think for some its status. It's about cheating because, hell, why shouldn't they? You become that influential, maybe it goes to your head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyP wrote:
Powerful men cheat because they're so damn powerful. Seriously. I mean, I think for some its status. It's about cheating because, hell, why shouldn't they? You become that influential, maybe it goes to your head.

Cheating is expected. Getting away with it during a Presidential Campaign? Well that's just downright moronic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

A good friend of mine, after finishing up law school, decided to go work for the Edward's campaign in 2008. He really believed in the guy.

So, after Edward's announced that he was leaving the race after the release that he had been having a long term affair, I saw him again and asked him his thoughts.

Needless to say, he was PISSED. The fact that Edward's had been having such a long term affair, which was GOING to get exposed and cripple his chance to run, but lied to everyone about it ANYWAY, really bit deep into my buddy. He left law school fairly realistic about power works but idealistic in his desire to try and use power to help people.

Now, he's just cynical. For that, I'm still angry with Edwards, for how he mistreated and roughshod over everyone who believed in him, including my friend.

If I had been a Cain supporter, I'd be just as bitter.

Darilian

Count me as one of those guys too. I was more enthusiastic about Edwards than any politician in years. In matter of policy he was as close to me as I could hope to get.What he did was so very stupid for such a smart guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
TommyP wrote:

Cheating is expected. Getting away with it during a Presidential Campaign? Well that's just downright moronic.
Is it? We only know those who didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.