Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a cancelled Black Friday spree through an online amazon retailer (I won't name them, but it rhymes with shmooksplus1), I was disappointed about the complete lack of communication, and needed to find another place to make my holiday order.

I placed a large order with ToysForThought (who had a very nice price on Merkator, and some other stuff I'd been considering for a while), and it made me feel better about buying games this season. Great communication, blazing fast shipping, and actual packing material (as opposed to a single crumpled piece of brown paper) that ensured my games arrived in pristine condition. They are now on my short list of places to order from (along with CSI).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with TfT was similar. Excellent communication, great job packing the games, and wonderful personal service. I mentioned that my wife would not be happy with my order, and in the box was a costume jewelry ring and two bags of candy for "The wife, to assuage her anger" or something to that effect. We both got a kick out of it, and in all actuality it really did soften the blow of another game order.

Toys for Thought definitely does it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opposite experience with TFT on a $400+ order. It was about the worst experience I've had so far with any online retail game purchase.

Two or three orders so far with Gamesurplus without a problem. (If that's the retail you're talking about, not sure.)

YMMV. Out of all the major sellers probably none of them are "bad" by any reasonable measures, even TFT even though I was pretty displeased with them.

I had an order with miniaturemarket in which they sent me a badly damaged game with zero external damage to outer box which means the game was that way when they sent it. Still ordered again from them and would do so with TFT if they had something I wanted.

IOW, if you're writing off a retailer over one incident it's probably more your loss than theirs, especially if they ever have a great price on a game you want.

That said, I can't speak highly enough for B&B and Timewellspent. Both have gone above and beyond with their customer service. But again, YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:

Two or three orders so far with Gamesurplus without a problem. (If that's the retail you're talking about, not sure.)

IOW, if you're writing off a retailer over one incident it's probably more your loss than theirs, especially if they ever have a great price on a game you want.

Naw, I meant booksplus1, which there's a whole other recent thread about.

And I would gladly write off any retailer over one incident if they don't make any effort to address the issue. On the other hand, if my order from a retailer has a problem, and I email to say, "There's a problem," and they respond swiftly to address it, I am more likely to shop there again because I know they stand behind their service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four orders with Toysforthought and nothing but excellent quality, service, price, and packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too had a great experience with TfT and I was ordering from Canada. Games were packed well, free candy provided and quick shipping.

Thumbs up. Now if only I could get free shipping to Canada I would order more often!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two large orders in the past with TfT, and very good experiences both times here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Onanlas Ho
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Too bad TFT do not have a paypal integrated in their system which hinder my purchase. Difficult for me to make any purchase order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.