JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekQuestions got me thinking about a clip from a movie I saw when I was a kid. It scared the crap out of me.

It was in the early 70's, I would guess. It might have been a made for tv movie, I do not know.

Here's what I wrote for my geek answer:

When I was a kid, I was at my grandma's house. My aunt lived there and was watching TV. There was some movie on that had two children, maybe age 12?, tied up and gagged in a row boat. they were struggling to get free. They were being towed by a sheriff and his deputy in another row boat. It looked like they were in a swamp and the sheriff had a southern accent. The sheriff was laughing evilly the whole time. Then, they parked the kids' rowboat and turned and started to go away, but before leaving the sheriff turned back and shot holes in the kids rowboat. That's when the camera cut to several large concrete blocks in the bottom of their boat. Then the sheriff and his deputy laughed as they drove away while the two kids struggled in panic as their boat slowly sank. Then it cut to the opening credits. I don't know what that movie was. I imagine it had Burt Reynolds but I might be making that up. It scared me forever.

I tried some pathetic searches on the above, but came up empty. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Lightning?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070915/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
White Lightning

DAMMIT... too slow.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, it looks like this is correct! I found one little reference to the sinking boat sequence on fandango.

I'm surprised to not see more references to that part-- that was an extremely disturbing scene. ---- I must watch it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
Okay, it looks like this is correct! I found one little reference to the sinking boat sequence on fandango.

I'm surprised to not see more references to that part-- that was an extremely disturbing scene. ---- I must watch it again.

Here ya' go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Jatoha wrote:

Here ya' go...

I'm suddenly not sure I actually do want to watch it again.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, then watch this one:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

cry

After all the food I pretend cooked for you, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

cry

After all the food I pretend cooked for you, too!

*rolls eyes*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.