Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey peeps!meeple

I've got a lot of time to game this month...but only a few "regulars" to game with! If you're interested, evenings and weekends are pretty much open in my schedule during December. I know a few others who are available as well. If you're interested in some medium to heavy-weight games (from Zooloretto to Le Havre to 18xx's), let me know!

Ok, so Zooloretto isn't really a medium game. Have you ever tried to get 5 cheetahs all in the same pen? I thought not. cool

Let me know if you're in the Indy area and we'll all get our game on.

There are a few locations we might meet, depending where everyone is that's interested. Maybe if we all don't hate each other, we can even form a new monthly gaming group?

Shane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Geiser
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, I live in Indianapolis (the northwest quarter) and would be interested.

Unfortunately, I'm currently a college student in Northern Indiana and am only back in Indianapolis for a month of break, so I couldn't join a monthly gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am down in Greenwood. The Gamerz group has been hit or miss, so let me know where you are meeting and maybe I can pop in.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the North side of Indy (Carmel). I would be up for some gaming.

I also have a group that will probably be meeting on some Tuesdays this month, and maybe on the weekend sometime (not very specific, I know, but I'll update when I have more info).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come join us at the Arsenal in downtown Indy. We'll be there off and on many times this month. You can see most of the dates on Meetup.com. Check out "Indy Gaming" Meetup group.

I sign up when I'm going. I'm pretty open to most Euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you open for gaming on December 20th at Gamerz? Let me know.

It would be in the evening...after 5 or so.

Look forward to a good game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can be up at Gamerz on the 20th, probably after 6 though. Look through my collection and see if there is anything you might like to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm part of a group that meets on Tuesdays at the Avon United Methodist Church. You don't need an invite, just show up. We meet from 6:30-9ish on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesdays of every month. We play just about anything with normal attendance being between 10-25 people. Just bring some games you're interested in and have fun. I would suggest getting there as close to 6:30 as possible, since if you miss the first games of the night, you might be waiting around a while.

Directions are here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

Thanks to everyone who wrote and showed interest in December gaming. It was cool to hear from everyone. We have so many local conventions, pod casters, and gamer folk in central Indiana. We even have a free convention coming up in March (Who's Yer Gamers).

If you'd like to game with my group just once...or regularly...reply to this link or message me. I'll let you know when our next game day is. We game with different game stores, sometimes with the Game On! crew (great hosts), and we'll definitely be at the Con in March...and that "other" one this summer. laugh

Ideally, we'd like to have a group around 20 to 30 so we'll always have a game or two to try out and someone new to the group. That makes it all that much more fun!

Again, thanks to those that responded.

See you next time.

Shane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Brownsburg and would be interested. Let me know when you guys plan on meeting up again and I will try to be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to meet up at the Arsenal tonight (Thursday) and probably one or two days next week. The Arsenal is downtown Indy...right off 65 and 70 split (on 65).

Unfortunately, it's only open until 10 pm. I'm working on other venues to add from time to time. I'll update this thread when we start running "longer" events.

cool

P.S. Many of us are online at Meetup.com...Indy Gamers.

Look up "Shane" if join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jeffries
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will schedule some events on meetup dot com.

First event will be next tuesday at the arsenal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in some midweek or Sunday gaming. I could probably schedule something at Reader Copies in Anderson. I'm interested in games of Dominion, 7 Wonders, Ascension, Anachronism and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hey there,

I am very interested in some weekend gaming. To warn you, I'm pretty inexperienced with board games other than chess and go, only because I have never had friends or family who share my interest. I buy games, and then I have no one to play them with! So I play with myself. So sad.

Games I own that may be of interest to others are:

Tigris and Euphrates
Kingsburg plus expansion
Conquest of Nerath
Axis and Allies 1942
Go
Tobago
Carcassonne (with "Festival" expansion)
Wrath of Ashardalon

I'm also super interested in playing many of the games that have already been mentioned in the thread.

As well, I have a nascent interest in game design. I do have a game I'm interested in getting some playtesters for... but we can talk about that in person later as we meet up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

You're welcome to check out our local group on Meetup.com we mentioned in the thread. There are several of us (now) that game at the Arsenal on Thursday nights.

I'd actually be interested in learning Go (Yes, really).

On a related note, please don't spam this listing with advertisements for your game. There are places to post any cool new games you've come up with. This post is "only" for board gamers to get together in the Indy area.

Thanks!

Shane

P.S. If you would like to meet (and find playtesters), there is a special section of the Indy Gaming Meetup site dedicated to that. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I deleted the "offending" post.*

Thursdays are out for me but I'm hoping to get to the second-Saturday meetup.

*(In quotes because, to be a bit frank, a single post does not "spam" make, and moreover, no "advertisement" occured. I figured meeting people to playtest _is_ a subspecies of "board gamers getting together"--and I figured if I'm going to mention the playtesting, you might be curious to see what kind of game it was. Anyway, I'll drop it til we all become super best friends in person. )

ETA: Haha it turns out this was where I was keeping my only copy of my most recent revision. Oops?! That is what I get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.