Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just thought I'd share this amusing tidbit I noticed in a recent game...a combo between Treasury and Border Village. As a reminder, Treasury can be placed back on top of your deck if you didn't but any victory cards during your turn. That's where Border Village comes in: since it allows you to gain a card costing less than it, you can purchase a BV, gain a Duchy, and still place those Treasuries back on your deck....now there's some Hollywood accounting for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
Just thought I'd share this amusing tidbit I noticed in a recent game...a combo between Treasury and Border Village. As a reminder, Treasury can be placed back on top of your deck if you didn't but any victory cards during your turn. That's where Border Village comes in: since it allows you to gain a card costing less than it, you can push a BV, gain a Duchy, and still place those Treasuries back on your deck....now there's some Hollywood accounting for you

Yeah, that works with many of the victory-restricted cards. Buy Province with Haggler in play. You can't gain a Duchy, but you can gain a Border Village which gains a Duchy. The Border Villages tend to run out quickly when people are pulling off those kinds of shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Border villages are made for shenanigans! Amazing with you can get away with out at the kingdom's border. But perhaps I've said too much....(twisted smile)

Montebanc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
I'd say Border villages are made for shenanigans! Amazing with you can get away with out at the kingdom's border. But perhaps I've said too much....(twisted smile)

Montebanc

"If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet village that it's farthest from."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
I'd say Border villages are made for shenanigans! Amazing with you can get away with out at the kingdom's border.

Indeed! We played our first game with BV the other night; Mandarin was there too. I got $6 at one point, bought a BV, gained a Mandarin, and put the $6 back on top of my deck. Rinse and repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.