GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,342 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Is there a way to find out who I played with? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Berg
United States
Munroe Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if this has already been answered, but I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer.

I have been recording my plays all year, including who I have played games with. Is there a way, either through the API or via export, that I can retrieve that information? I was hoping to put it into a spreadsheet or a database so I can get some stats on it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, here I was hoping for a "woke up in my underwear on hotel rooftop with Settlers of Catan pieces scattered around me" kind of story.

And, sorry, I have no idea how to do that (but then again I don't record plays).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cberg wrote:
I have been recording my plays all year, including who I have played games with. Is there a way, either through the API or via export, that I can retrieve that information? I was hoping to put it into a spreadsheet or a database so I can get some stats on it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Craig

If it is possible, I would like to know too. It would be valuable to me, to have some way of finding out easily which games I have already played with which friends, (for those of us that have done the effort to register all plays and players).

manyslayer wrote:
Aw, here I was hoping for a "woke up in my underwear on hotel rooftop with Settlers of Catan pieces scattered around me" kind of story.

And, sorry, I have no idea how to do that (but then again I don't record plays).

If you don't record your plays, why do you then respond to this message?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Berg
United States
Munroe Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a reply (after many, many Geekmails):

dakarp wrote:
We don't currently have an API for plays. It is on the list of things we'd like to do in the future, but it isn't something I'd expect very soon.

Oh well...looks like I will have to create some kind of automated screen scraper. That won't be fun. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.