GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,606 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

D-Day Dice» Forums » General

Subject: Supporting at multiple levels? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any update on the ability to pledge at multiple levels?

Here is the example that I have.

I am currently a L4L supporter.

I believe that both my brother and my Best Man would be interested in a copy of the game, but both don't have the money, or knowledge of KS to jump in on it.

So, as the good friend/brother that I am, I would like to add $100 (they both live in the US so no additionl shipping charges) to my current pledge to be able to sign both of them up at the $50 (base + atlantik) levels, and have them be surprised in March when a box full of cool gaming stuff arrives at their door.

My Base question is this, is this doable (my brief convo with rik seemed to think it would be possible). If indeed it is doable, would they both get the full slew of KS supporter stuff? And would they be able to get their names in the rulebook, as they are supporters...by proxy?

As I said, I think this is all the way it is going to happen, but I would just like some confirmation before I go forward with it.(or have to find a work around...

Also, if this does/can work, you might want to broadcast it, as I am guessing there are others who feel the same way that I do, and would gladly get copies for friends if they could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen KS projects in the past just have people up their pledges, but keep their reward level the same and then specify what the additional money is for in the survey portion. I'd get confirmation from the designers before doing anything though, because the survey will need to handle the additional info and the shipping/logistics is a little more complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KC,

I asked Rik the same question (I have a L4L but would like add a [non l4l]copy for my brother, also without having to pay the shipping [as I'm in Europe]), but never got an answer from him .....

So if you know the definite answer can you please let me know too ....

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife created a separate Kickstarter account so she could support it separately from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalendar wrote:
My wife created a separate Kickstarter account so she could support it separately from me.

I've considered that, but for me that would mean an additional 50$, so that's not an option ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalendar wrote:

I might end up doing that shortly as well, as well as one with my work email...

were you able to use the same Amazon account for the billing? or did you have to use a separate account?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:

I asked Rik the same question

yep, same question, no real answer.
he basically said "pledge from another account"
imagine how much more money they would have if they came up with a simple solution to this.

Why do they not just do what Glory to Rome did?
select an option and plede an amount over,
then when funded they send out the questionaire asking what additional tiers you pledged for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Genre_Fad wrote:
yep, same question, no real answer.
he basically said "pledge from another account"
imagine how much more money they would have if they came up with a simple solution to this.

Why do they not just do what Glory to Rome did?
select an option and plede an amount over,
then when funded they send out the questionaire asking what additional tiers you pledged for.

That's basically what we already kinda acgreed to do in the correspondence that I did have with him, what I was unsure of was whether my friends would also receive the full load of KS goodies, because that was half the reason I would get it for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:

were you able to use the same Amazon account for the billing? or did you have to use a separate account?

i was able to use same amazon account
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Genre_Fad wrote:
kcskedz wrote:

i was able to use same amazon account

ok cool, that means I will have a failsafe should we receive no answer from Emmanuel, or Rik...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:

what I was unsure of was whether my friends would also receive the full load of KS goodies, because that was half the reason I would get it for them.

of course you would get all the bonuses.
it has been stated :
one game = one bag
two games = two bags
...etc...

but if you ARE able to piggy back other tiers onto your pledge, i think it would have to go all under one address and one name in rulebook.
too much of a headache for them, and too mich room for error.

and don't you think they have enough stuff on thier plate right now than to worry about splitting up your order into two seperate shipments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Genre_Fad wrote:
kcskedz wrote:

what I was unsure of was whether my friends would also receive the full load of KS goodies, because that was half the reason I would get it for them.

of course you would get all the bonuses.
it has been stated :
one game = one bag
two games = two bags
...etc...

right, I had seen that, I just never made the connection that it would work for me just adding levels...

but since you pointed this out, i will just increase my pledge and see how that turns out, as Rik said it SHOULD work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
Zalendar wrote:

I might end up doing that shortly as well, as well as one with my work email...

Yes, I used the same Amazon account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll chime in for one second...

First of all, KS doesn't allow multiple pledges from the same account. So yeah, multiple accounts is the way to go. That's the way KS works.

As for letting people up their pledge to add some stuff, it's a Pandora's Box. We are nearing 1500 supporters, so if we were to announce "just add $NN to your order to add more copies of the game", we would receive a ton a very specific instructions, which would be a headache. We are only human, so we are bound to screw up if there are too many variables in packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK now I have an issue

I created a new KS account with my work email, to just make it "easier" that way, now the concern I have is that i now have 3 authorizations for you guys through Amazon Payments...

1 for the initial $100 L4L
1 for $150 when I was just going to add it what I had before to cover my friend
now 1 for $50 for this new account....

all to the same vendor...how will it know it is supposed to just be $100 to one and $50 to another, but allow both...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
OK now I have an issue

I created a new KS account with my work email, to just make it "easier" that way, now the concern I have is that i now have 3 authorizations for you guys through Amazon Payments...

1 for the initial $100 L4L
1 for $150 when I was just going to add it what I had before to cover my friend
now 1 for $50 for this new account....

all to the same vendor...how will it know it is supposed to just be $100 to one and $50 to another, but allow both...

OK if I am not mistaken, I have to leave it at $150 as it would encompass both ok my profiles bids, 1 for $100 and the other for $50, as Amazon payments simply uses the highest max in their system.

I am still very confused and would love some clarification from someone in the know, because there might be too much hassle to do it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet is to have each account act individually as if they're different people. Pledge each with exactly what you want each account to payout. If it's possible, which might be more tricky would be to get each payment set to a different shipping address and then they would be sent directly to your brother/friend. I don't think amazon payments will be able to differentiate multiple pledges into a single payment just because it all the same vendor asking for money. I'd think making 3 pledges to create 3 separate transactions would be the safest method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
my concern is that when i check in at Amazon Payments, they are all just sitting there....and what if i have 1 Persona set for $100 and 2 others set for $50 each, a total of $200, but in Amazon Payments there is a max set at $150?

but with a total of 4 things authorized at $50, $50, $100, $150...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:

First of all, KS doesn't allow multiple pledges from the same account. So yeah, multiple accounts is the way to go. That's the way KS works.

Amiral, thanks for chiming in, I don't mind creating a second account, but for me that second account would mean *again* paying the 50$ shipping, for items to be send to the same address ...

I really would like a second copy, but paying the 50$ twice is too much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hod
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/helpTab/Personal-Accou...

KC, Have you already contacted Amazon to check? Under above link to the right there is a "contact us" button. Hope they can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:

No one likes to pay more for shipping (me included) but the fact is that the shipping price is not determined by the project creator. Blame it on the shipping company instead for the high cost.

By supporting through Kickstarter we do get all the bonuses, but we need to understand that the cost of delivering the 'package' to you increases as well. I'm assuming that the weight of the game will be around 1.5Kgs. So the average shipping cost is about $15 - $20 for each game which I believe is already a 'subsidized' rate. There are pledge levels that are specially catered to us the international supporters (at $100 and $200 level for 3 copies) and the $50 additional cost for shipping is really reasonable.

Imagine if someone (located outside of US) is able to pledge multiple levels with a single account. Say Mr. X pledge at the $50 level and paid $50 additional for the shipping, later decides to add in 50 copies. He change his pledge to $2550... ($2500 for 50 copies and $50 for shipping.

Two things will happen here:
1. It will be a logistic nightmare for the project creator, there will be tons of specific instructions directed to them as mentioned by Emmanuel in the post above.

2. The project creator will lose money on shipping for each copy they sent out. Take the example above, 50 copies and only $50 for shipping. So Mr. X is only paying $1 for each copy for shipping. Using my guesstimate, the project creator will lose an average of $15 on shipping for each copy they shipped out to Mr. X.

I believe the shipping cost associated with the pledge levels that are available now is VERY reasonable and I can't complain... So I hope everyone can 'see the light' in this matter... everyone wins here, but the biggest winner are the ones handling the logistics...

Now I just hope the project creator will announce more 'freebies' for us since we already paid the shipping...

Note: I'm not associated with the project creator in whatsoever manner...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blownfreaks wrote:
moorwild wrote:

I believe the shipping cost associated with the pledge levels that are available now is VERY reasonable and I can't complain... So I hope everyone can 'see the light' in this matter... everyone wins here, but the biggest winner are the ones handling the logistics...

Now I just hope the project creator will announce more 'freebies' for us since we already paid the shipping...

I'm VERY happy with my 200+50$ international pledge too since I can find 2 guys to share the 50$. It's now more than 120,000$ and I'm excited about the next surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
smoox wrote:
It's now more than 120,000$ and I'm excited about the next surprise!

Well, now more than $128,000...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blownfreaks wrote:
moorwild wrote:

No one likes to pay more for shipping (me included) but the fact is that the shipping price is not determined by the project creator.

Allen, maybe I was not clear, but I already paid the shipping and found that OK. However, I now want to buy a second copy, shipped to the same address, and I'm just wondering if that is doable without paying the shipping costs TWICE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:
blownfreaks wrote:
moorwild wrote:

No one likes to pay more for shipping (me included) but the fact is that the shipping price is not determined by the project creator.

Allen, maybe I was not clear, but I already paid the shipping and found that OK. However, I now want to buy a second copy, shipped to the same address, and I'm just wondering if that is doable without paying the shipping costs TWICE.

I guess the best option is to increase your pledge to the $100 or $200 level for 3 copies, then just add in the $50 for shipping. You might need to pester another guy to join in this endeavor. With that we are closer to the 130k target and you'll get even more freebies and you get to be promoted to the 'General of the Army'....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.