Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if Peter Lee ever said whether Artemis' ability 'Fast Learner' could be used on himself? I still haven't found an official ruling on this. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's look at the card in question:

I think the intent of the card is that Artemis learns another hero's ability, due to the flavor text ("those around him"), the power ("A hero within one tile of your hero"), and description ("take that Power card from that Hero"), however going by strict RAW I could see it argued that technically this could be used on Artemis' own powers. The only real counter argument that I see is how does one take a power card "from" oneself to then be put infront of oneself?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Chance
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mechanically, I see it since a hero flips over his card for using a Daily Power, he's not using anymore anyhow and it gets copied (but really moved) to Artemis. However, what happens when you get the opportunity to flip over a used power? Do you share? Do you take it back? Do you lose it? Since there are game mechanics introduced at the expense of (using the term loosely) realism - I lean towards number 3.

Maybe, since Artemis is such adversarial figure, this is an tweak to others NOT to use their best skills within Artemis's observations. I credit the designers for coming up with new depth - but there's always a catch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player who has "lost" their Daily Power card to Artemis has the opportunity to "refresh" one of their Daily Powers, can they take it back from Artemis if he hasn't used it yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
If a player who has "lost" their Daily Power card to Artemis has the opportunity to "refresh" one of their Daily Powers, can they take it back from Artemis if he hasn't used it yet?

Good question. I want to say it is a copy (thematically), but RAW suggests no. Refresh is to flip over a used power card. It isn't in your suite of powers and it is not flipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the flavor text definitely suggests taking the power from another hero but he is a hero within 1 tile of himself. If the wording was "Use when another hero...", then it would be pretty cut and dry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:

Nope, once it's gone, it's gone. That's one of the things that makes that ability so great, it permanently removes an ability from the game.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.