GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,351 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Counts on contributions page not updating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The counts for various things on the contributions page don't seem to be updating for me. I don't know if it's all of them, or just a subset. At first I just figured there was a lag in calculating them, but they seem to have remained unchanged for at least several days and perhaps longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things on BGG only update at the end of day, Texas time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Some things on BGG only update at the end of day, within Texas time or as we-uns NON-sort call such: MONTHS; even, YEARS!...
FIX robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Some things on BGG only update at the end of day, Texas time.

From the post I wrote (emphasis added):

"At first I just figured there was a lag in calculating them, but they seem to have remained unchanged for at least several days and perhaps longer. "

EDIT: As an example: Boardgames->Replies had been at 404 for days. Meanwhile over that span of days multiple replies were posted. Those replies show up in the list if I click on the 404.

Strangely, sometime today it ticked to 405. This makes even less sense as there have been multiple posts over multiple days before now and so an increment of one is even more strange than no increment at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes, WHAT & WHY 'causaled' such? Let's call it a *glitch*! What would YOU call this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that the counts seem to update every hour or two. It used to update in real time, but that seems to have changed over the last few months or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fehrmeister wrote:
I've noticed that the counts seem to update every hour or two. It used to update in real time, but that seems to have changed over the last few months or so.

And every hour or two or even every *day* or two would not have provoked my initial post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't noticed a problem. I just replied to a thread about 10 minutes ago and the count has promptly updated.

Edit: as has the count for this reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing recent updates to your contributions. At this point, I suspect a browser caching problem. I suggest you clear your cache and see if that fixes it. If not, what browser/OS are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
I'm seeing recent updates to your contributions. At this point, I suspect a browser caching problem. I suggest you clear your cache and see if that fixes it. If not, what browser/OS are you using?

As it turns out, I'm seeing partial updates. Which is even more confusing. In one category ~10 posts have been added over the past week since it said 404. It has ticked twice to 406. The posts all listed there if I click on the #, so I know its the right category. Since it's changing, it doesn't seem to be caching. But I cleared it just in case and it doesn't seem to have helped.

Windows 7, Firefox 8.

To use a concrete example:

Board Game -> replies read 404 back between the Devil's Cauldron and Where Eagles Dare posts (so between Nov 21 and 24). It may even have read 404 before that, I cannot say. Since then there have been 8 posts over 2+ weeks. And the counter has incremented twice form 404 to 405 to 406.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.