Subject: Help with squads. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Desbois
France
Aix en Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have the game myself, gave up because i couldn't understand that kind of things...
I would look forward to a tutorial video of an hour of the game...

good luck !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A squad is comprised of two teams of four members and a squad leader. Usually the text tell you to attach a machine gun team to the squad. An MG team has two teamm members or with the optional rule 3, the ammo bearer but he is not depicted in the log. You need to find and download the extended log if you want to have an ammo bearer with your MG teams.

So a squad is two teams of four: A team leader {xTL, where x is A-team or B-team}, a Rifleman {R}, an Automatic Rifleman {AR} and a Grenadier {G}.

Look at your log. You'll find that the first 9 persons are a complete squad. Then the Platoon leader {PL} follows at #10 and the Radio telephone operator {RTO} is next at #11. If you are playing a mission which requires a squad and not a platton they are not included in your mission roster.

The next persons are 2 MG teams of two. A Machine Gunner {MG} and his assistant {I don't remember his code}. If the mission asks to include one MG team you can choose one of those two teams, either #12 & #13 or #14 & #15 if I remember correctly.

After the MG teams another squad follows with the same organisation as the first one and then another one. The final person marked P is either a partisan or a pilot and you use him when required by certain missions.

So if you want to choose a squad fast without messing with the order you should play with #1 through #9 and then add the first MG team #12-#13. 11 persons in total.

Missions are never connected together unless you are using a home rule {as I do} or you play an extended patrol as described in the manual. So if a ranger dies and you make it home then it affects you overall performance losing you points. If you are playing an extended patrol then that Ranger is unavailable ofcourse since he is dead.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn
Canada
westbank
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply it was very helpfull. I was running into the same issue tonight trying to put together my team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.