GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,527 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

For the People» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do Overruns trigger General Casualty Rolls? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Corrigan
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doesn't make much sense that they would'nt since the force is being annihilated but could not find in rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj L.
Spain
Sevilla
Andalucia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to look for it on ConsimWorld.

However, Overrun states that there is no battle so I think there is no casualty check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nicoavenger wrote:
Try to look for it on ConsimWorld.

However, Overrun states that there is no battle so I think there is no casualty check.

Correct... note that if there is a fort present there is no overrun and there is a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
padreman wrote:
Doesn't make much sense that they would'nt since the force is being annihilated but could not find in rules.

Seems to me that General Casualty rolls represent situations in which a general senses a critical moment in a battle, rushes to the front lines to encourage the troops, and becomes a casualty. In an overrun situation, there would be no such critical moment (the battle is obviously lost) and the general would make a safe withdrawal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.