GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,436 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Rallyman» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 losses of control in Time Attack: Use of the SISU- Card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patryk Fechna
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following situation happened lately: the dice were 4/5/G/G, rolled as time attack over a jump (4) on the second die. The car looses control twice, because I rolled 4/!/!/!: Means: Messed up the jump by going one gear higher then the designated number AND rolled 3 Hazard symbols.

2 Questions:

1. Do the Sisu Card secures the entire Time attack throw? Or do I have to choose wheter I want to spin out because of the jump, or "SISU" it and then spin out on the 3rd (!).

Same situation of course would occur when shifting down 2 gears and then roll (!) on the downshifted die AND two more in Time Attack.

2. Can you SISU a 5 gear jump over a (3) bump?

I hope my question isn´t too confusing.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hornberger
United States
lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. The time attack would be secure the entire throw, it basically turns any "!" on the dice, into an ok result, so you would play it to cancel the "!".

2. One thing a SISU card could not prevent is a crash where you entered a corner faster than allowed, or took a bump faster than allowed 5 on a 3 recommended speed bump. Remember it is only canceling DICE hazards you rolled, it doesn't make it ok to take an illegal move/loss of control where dice are not involved.

Hope these answers made sense!

Cheers !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Fechna
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, your answer of poit two makes perfectly sense!
On the first one I´d love to know what others think, since after rereading the rules I´m still not sure how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hornberger
United States
lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Patryk maybe I can explain point one in a better way. You planned your move 4,5,G,G but rolled 4,!,!,!. You can then play the Sisu card to cancel all of the ! that you rolled, thus turning it back into 4,5,G,G meaning you can take your move without penalty. The only way to lose control at this point is if you entered a bump 2 gears higher than you should have or entered a corner faster than the highest printed gear.

The key phrase to this is in the rules on section 7.5

"Discard the Sisu card and make your move without taking into account (!) symbols."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.