Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only an occassional player of PG but do find it an enjoyable game and was pleased to see that with the Cassino and France 1940 games the the mapboards had improved significantly. This whetted my appetite and I've be looking forward to the Kursk instalments as a result. However, things have been very quiet about this game for a long time, anyone know what its ETA is?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon (on a geological scale)... cool

It's supposedly just about ready, with guarded suggestions of being within the next few months or less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Wulf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
There was a summary of the first ten scenarios posted on the APL website a while back but it seems to have disappeared. Perhaps APL are waiting for the Tigers and Panthers to turn up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries mate. PG games are all the same. Just go mix your EFDx and RtB counters together to get that nice, "mid-war" feel and you're ready to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Possibly: I fought an imaginary 'kursk-type' battle using one of the desert maps and Nashhorns from Cassino, lots of mines and anti-tank ditches, 7.92s, Tigers and PzKWs IIIs. I think you're being a bit cynical though as PG has definitly improved over recent months and is less generic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TankBoy wrote:
nickp wrote:
There was a summary of the first ten scenarios posted on the APL website a while back but it seems to have disappeared. Perhaps APL are waiting for the Tigers and Panthers to turn up!

Its now in the archives for November 1st. If the "map" thread on the Elsenborn Ridge forum is an indicator, the maps for this havn't even been started yet. I don't expect to see this game much before the end of this year. Quite depressing for those of us who pre-ordered it years ago.angry

That being said, the maps are the easy part, assuming that its a matter of "Okay, we know these hexes are town and those are hill." Then its just going from a playtest map to actually final art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
The Soviets'll have the T55 by the time this kicks off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's very soon now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word yet? I gotta have this one, even though I vowed "Panzer Grenadier no more!". (At least I tried to resist, eh?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goshawk wrote:
Any word yet? I gotta have this one, even though I vowed "Panzer Grenadier no more!". (At least I tried to resist, eh?)

It's "next".

That's better than "after next".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It'll be pretty quick now--I have a bit more to do on the maps, then Mike has to error check them, then I'll probably have a couple changes. Based on 1866, once I submit the final art, it only takes a couple days before shipping would start. So I figure a couple weeks until shipping...maybe a bit longer. I figure end of the month at the latest; Mike is really pushing to get this one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't push so hard that it'll need a revision kit.

So how long 'til Kursk North?devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the AP website I see the following description of the follow on game on the northern flank fighting -

Kursk: North Flank
Three German Army panzer corps assault the Soviets with new Panther tanks in history's greatest tank battles. This game is not yet available.

Um, there weren't any Panthers on the northern flank of the Kursk battle. They were all on the southern flank in the AG South sector, and specifically supporting PD Gross Deutschland to the west of the SS panzer corps attack covered in this forum's game.

The northern sector instead features the assault guns, both Elephants and Brummbars, along with flocks of StuGs. Plus the usual Panzer IVs and older IIIs in the ordinary panzer divisions.

I don't know how AP could put such a comment on their website...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I wouldn't pay it too much heed. I found an ASL scenario set on the south flank of Kursk and the photograph on the scenario sheet was of an elefant so even they get it wrong sometimes. I'm sure those PzVs won't appear in the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.