GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,448 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player turns and resource abilities. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some resource cards say "city management", but is that restricted to my city management? For example, can you use a silk and Monarchy to destroy a unit during another player's city management, or does it have to be mine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it doesn't say it can interrupt someone else's turn they happen during your own turn only. Pretty sure it is in the UFAQ in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al provorse
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent question. As I recall, the abilities are restricted to your turn of the city management phase, as an example. As far as I know, the exceptions are for abilites, such as Communism, and cards, such as Defection, that trigger during the movement phase and say "This may interrupt a figure's movement." Additionally, I think Writing's ability to cancel a city action would be playable during another player's city management phase. But Monarchy and Gunpowder are restricted to your own phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks. I was wondering because the writing card does not specify but clearly it has to be used during someone else's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.