Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Spencer
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks right to me. The diagonal does extend range a bit, but diagonal shots are also more likely to be blocked along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooting through center section is huge bonus ;-)
from fighting and moving perspective I can understand it, but from range and shooting one - it should be halved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
shooting through center section is huge bonus ;-)
from fighting and moving perspective I can understand it, but from range and shooting one - it should be halved

You just need to change your mindset. It's not that the center spaces are actually larger. It's just that the topography is warped, and to make it fit on a flat table it's drawn as larger squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Also, it might help to look at it this way (in a functional sense):
If you rolled a 3 for movement, the Hero marked by 'H' in your diagram would be able to reach any of the spots marked by an 'X' (assuming an unblocked path, of course). So, if a character would have equal opportunity to move to any of these 'X' spots with the "speed" that the dice might allow on a particular roll, then it would make sense that a bullet could do the same. (And I agree with comment above, that sense does not follow thematically when we're talking about the large center board squares, but hey, at least they kept it making sense functionally.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
shooting through center section is huge bonus ;-
The centre section is clear of all obstacles, and needs no aiming to shoot through. The outer sections all include obstacles, and need more care, and time, to run or shoot through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about in this situation? Please note I added a 'Z' to the above diagram. I never know how to handle it when it isn't a clear line. Like if zombie is a tetris L-shape away.

[H][_] [_][X]
[_][_] [_][_]
[_][_] [_][Z]
[X][_] [_][X]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

[H][_] [_][ ]
[_][_] [Z][Z]
[_][Z] [_][Z]
[ ][Z] [Z][ ]

Clarification: How to determine distance when it isn't a straight line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Morier
Canada
Beloeil
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You determine the distance by counting the spaces as if you were moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.