Subject: Distribution of cards in sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering getting into the Spoils (I have ordered the 2-player starter to try the game out, and am waiting for its delivery). I've been trying to find out about the card distribution for each set, but have not found the information so far (except by going through the spoilers and tallying it all up myself - and even then, I haven't found spoilers for the 2nd edition)... so was wondering if anybody knows and can assist me?

1st Edition part 1 - How many cards total are there in the set? How many rares, uncommons, and commons total are there in the set? What is the distribution in a booster pack - how many rares, uncommons and commons does one get?

Are the 1st Edition Theme decks worth getting? Do they include any cards not available in boosters?

1st Edition part 2 - Same questions as 1st Edition part 1.

Seed I (Children of Lingamorph) - Same questions as 1st Edition part 1.

Are the Seed Theme Decks worth getting? Do they include any cards not available in boosters?

Seed II (Gloamspike's Revenge) - Same questions as 1st Edition part 1.

2nd Edition - Same questions as 1st Edition part 1.
Also, how much difference is there between the 1st Edition (parts 1 + 2) and the 2nd Edition? I understand that a lot of cards are the same - are there any new cards in 2nd Edition? Is it worth buying boosters for both, or should one go only for one or the other (and if so, which one)?

(Btw, I am not aiming at competing at the tournament scene or getting a complete collection - I just want a reasonable collection for building decks from and playing friendly games.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just getting into the game myself, I love MTG, but the mechanics of this game are really calling to me. I can't answer all of your questions, but I can help with some.

My numbers will be a bit off, but there are around 220 cards in the 1st set, and 150 cards in the 1st set, 2nd part (or whatever they call that). In a pack you get 13 cards. 1 rare (or ultra rare), 3 uncommon, 9 common.

I have all 5 of the Team Covenant Beefy Starters and love them. The Team Covenant guys are fantastic to work and I can't recommend them highly enough. I am not exactly sure what part of the collection they come from (part 1, 2, seed, seed 2, etc..) but they are a great place to start.

The cards in part 1 and part 2 of the first edition are all different, at least in my experience. I do not recall getting any of the same cards in my 2 booster boxes of part 2 that were the same as my 2 boosters of part 1.

One other thing to note, the cards themselves are a little different in part 2 than in part 1. They seem to be a little "glossier". The colors are perfect, they just are not quite the same. I will not harm the gameplay at all, just something to mention.

I would recommend getting one of each of the starters, and 1 or 2 boosters from each the 1st edition, and 1st edition part two. That is what I did and I think I have a great place to start leaning this game. If you don't want to spend that much the Beefy Starters alone will give you the 51 card deck for each faction and an additional 20 commons per set to play with.

Good luck, and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.