Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Penny Arcade: The Game – Gamers vs. Evil» Forums » General

Subject: Penny Arcade - Gamers vs Evil Promos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Manning
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any of the promos for this game they would be willing to part with or know of a place I can buy them? Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Seigler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's lots of people (myself included) missing the promos, because Cryptozoic decided not to give the preorder bonus to everyone who preordered.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Varner
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrDomino wrote:
There's lots of people (myself included) missing the promos, because Cryptozoic decided not to give the preorder bonus to everyone who preordered.


Yes, that was pretty lame of them. I've been hoping images of the Fruit F___er Prime loot would appear somewhere, but have had limited luck. Cryptozoic did post a single boss loot to their Facebook page, but nothing else has followed.

Anyone who has 'em care to share?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthVarner wrote:
Yes, that was pretty lame of them. I've been hoping images of the Fruit F___er Prime loot would appear somewhere, but have had limited luck. Cryptozoic did post a single boss loot to their Facebook page, but nothing else has followed.

Anyone who has 'em care to share?

Just uploaded them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the upload. Any chance you could upload pictures for the Fruit #!@! boss cards as well?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't just because the art is the same as the loots and it functions just like the other red bosses, but if you want 'em, then sure.
 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd appreciate it if you have the time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDomino wrote:
There's lots of people (myself included) missing the promos, because Cryptozoic decided not to give the preorder bonus to everyone who preordered.


When did you ordered and did you remember to check off that you wanted them to send you the promos? I placed me order on Halloween.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
set on ebay
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Varner
msg tools
mbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:
MrDomino wrote:
There's lots of people (myself included) missing the promos, because Cryptozoic decided not to give the preorder bonus to everyone who preordered.


When did you ordered and did you remember to check off that you wanted them to send you the promos? I placed me order on Halloween.


Well, I assumed that the guys at PA would require any of their games sold via their store to include any and all promos / extras offered anywhere online. I got mine via PA's store, on the day PA officially announced the game. No promos. Given that Tycho & Gabe routinely call out video game companies for similar gaffes, I was rather surprised at this. They certainly didn't have trouble clearing their store's stock, but I wonder how many they'd have moved if they included a link saying "oh, yeah, and if you want a free promo too don't buy it from us - get it from Cryptozoic!"

Cryptozoic must have had a promo exclusivity agreement regarding specifically their online store, but that doesn't make it seem any less annoying. I paid the same price as I would have in Cryptozoic's store, and would have gone there had I been fully informed that for no additional cost or effort I could have also gotten the promo "affectionate fruit juicer" boss.

I'd be OK with this if they had then distributed the promo cards to brick & mortars or something, but as-is it seems like a blatant money-grab by Cryptozoic hoping to cut the middlemen/distributors out of the picture and drive sales to their store. Even the guys from whom they licensed the artwork and IP!

As a result, despite the enjoyable gameplay I'm not sure I'll be further supporting Cryptozoic in any form (the PA game expansion or any of their other properties). We'll see. If they change their ways, or if they end up adding the juicer to the expansion, I would come back and review this opinion.

Also, it looks like they're about to release a Warcraft-universe deckbuilder with pretty much the same engine. I'll be watching that release to see if they pull something similar (or if it's even really a new/different game).

TL;DR - Cryptozoic was a pretty big jerk with the promos for this, and a lot of people who (if they were fully informed) should have them don't. There's some justifiable annoyance with them for this, and I've pulled my support for the company over it (pending review).


Also: Thanks much for the upload, Chris! Some interesting & unique gameplay in those cards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Seigler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthVarner, I really wish I could thumb your post twice (boy, that takes on a whole 'nother meaning in a thread about Fruit F___ers and Scrotuum, doesn't it?). In answer to Sochan's question, I preordered through a brick-and-mortar store, because that's how I get all my games. I know, some of us still live in the stone age. But some of us also appreciate that the folks running those shops still have to make a living, and buying everything online only adds in whatever large or small way (depending on your point of view) to the rampant unemployment problems the US is having. Personally, when I'm told that I got an incomplete product simply because I purchased locally, I get more than annoyed, I get quite pissed off, and at a company that I would really like to, well, like, no less.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As annoying as it is I wasn't aware of the promo's didn't pre-order it. But I just took the pics that Chris Waits provided, printed them out sleaved them and well I now have the cards to use. No they aren't official, but for a game I'm not planning on selling they work just as well.

While I was at it I also created 4 extra tokens and tubes so that I would have enough currency for a 5 player game, which I've ended up with quite a few times now.

Not trying to belittle the rant as I do entirely understand the frustration. But at the end of the day you don't have the cards. Complaining about it hear probably won't get you anything. Go bitch at the PA forums and Cryptazoic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Brinkman
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
MrDomino wrote:
There's lots of people (myself included) missing the promos, because Cryptozoic decided not to give the preorder bonus to everyone who preordered.


Copy/Pasted from the other thread

With all our board games that have a promotional card, our authorized distributors receive 1 promo card per every game they pre-order. I cannot speak as to why you did not receive a promo pack with your Penny Arcade order, but I can say that we shipped over 5,000 Fruit Lover copies out to distributors. In addition to that, we make the promo card available if you buy directly from our e-store or from us at a convention. We may make promo cards available as a single purchase in the future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Grape

Irvine
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I brought The Penny arcade board game last October, and the board game store owner said he never got the promos and I should check other stores. Well I have checked about 10 other stores now, both in the area and while visiting family for Christmas and all the brick and mortar stores have the same story, which is basically they thought they would get the promos, but never did.

You may say that you shipped out 5,000 promo's to your distributors, but the distributors didn't seem to manage getting those promos to other people. So either the distributors messed up (in which case Cryptozoic messed up because they didn't pay attention to what was happening) or your being dishonest. Either way cryptozoic has messed up and is trying to pass off as not their fault and making customers pay for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Seigler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WBrinkman wrote:


Copy/Pasted from the other thread

With all our board games that have a promotional card, our authorized distributors receive 1 promo card per every game they pre-order. I cannot speak as to why you did not receive a promo pack with your Penny Arcade order, but I can say that we shipped over 5,000 Fruit Lover copies out to distributors. In addition to that, we make the promo card available if you buy directly from our e-store or from us at a convention. We may make promo cards available as a single purchase in the future.


That's all well and good, but as Lone Grape said, my distributor did not receive any. My LGS gets all their board game material through the same local distributor, and they've had no problem with promos for other games - they've been a very friendly and trustworthy place to deal with for the almost 20 years I've known of them. So either they've changed tactics in-between when they sent us extra copies of the promos for Bandai's Star Trek Deck-Building Game and the time we ordered Penny Arcade...or they didn't get the promos.

You'll pardon me for assuming the latter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.