GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,743 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Evil Presence Keeper Action Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panic Switch
United States
flag msg tools
Can someone explain threat generation on the Evil Presence card?

I don't have the card in front of me, but if I recall correctly it says something like, "the keepers one threat if after this card is used the keeper doesn't take any further action". If I'm reading that right that means the card is essentially free if no other action is taken? Am I understanding that correctly?

Also does putting down an event token count as a keeper action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Yes to the first question.
No to the secod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panic Switch
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks.

The Keeper turn is kind of vague, but basically it's just playing Keeper actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Panic Switch wrote:
Can someone explain threat generation on the Evil Presence card?

I don't have the card in front of me, but if I recall correctly it says something like, "the keepers one threat if after this card is used the keeper doesn't take any further action". If I'm reading that right that means the card is essentially free if no other action is taken? Am I understanding that correctly?

Quote:
Evil Presence
Action: Draw 1 Mythos card and 1 Trauma card.

If this was your first action this game round, you may end your Action Step to gain 1 threat.

This seems clear to me, if you spend 1 threat to resolve this card, you draw a Mythos card and a Trauma card. If this was the only action you took during the Keeper Action Step, then you get the 1 threat back. Your Keeper Action Step has now finished.

So, it is free if no other Keeper Action is taken.
Panic Switch wrote:
Also does putting down an event token count as a keeper action?

I assume you mean "does playing a time token on the Event deck count as a Keeper Action".

No. Not sure why you would think it does. Time tokens are placed on the Event deck during Step 5 of the Keeper Turn. Keeper actions take place during Step 3.

This is all detailed on pages 10 and 11 of the Rules of Play. The only time you play Keeper Actions is during Step 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
To be more precise, the Keeper turn has five steps:

1) Investigators in the same space may trade items.
2) Keeper gains Threat.
3) Keeper may play Keeper Actions.
4) Monsters attack.
5) Time counter goes on event deck.

Evil Presence pays for itself provided that the only thing that happens in step #3 is a single use of Evil Presence. Things are free to happen in the other steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.