Hide
5 Posts

Thermopylae solo» Forums » General

Subject: Questions ! (rules) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bikens Turuek
msg tools
Thank you so much that you created this game because I love the concept. My only problem is I have many doubts. I apologize for being heavy and I leave written. Thank you very much.

I have redesigned my copy of the game and I have it built. My problem is I have many doubts, :S.

* No meaning, or meaning "engaged". I do not understand the context in the game. When a unit is close to Persian Spartan unit and has the move, move, or moves and attacks. Could move and go near her again (forward and keep attacking the same unit).

* All units (both Spartan and Persian) can move diagonally? Even when there are barriers (eg rules)

* I do not understand the turn of the Spartans. I need at least two "partners" of the dice for the action to move and then attack? Or if I take couple of 6 and 3 (6,6,3,3) I can move 6 spaces, and what I do with those 3? I would ask please make me an example of Spartans roll. I am so lost in this step.

* What happens if I finish a wave but my Spartan unit is in a place where the Persians are deployed (box 1). I have deployed or are not prohibited from being displayed in the last row?

Greetings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Saranac
Serbia
Kragujevac
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
* No meaning, or meaning "engaged". I do not understand the context in the game. When a unit is close to Persian Spartan unit and has the move, move, or moves and attacks. Could move and go near her again (forward and keep attacking the same unit).
Engaged means being in the square adjacent to enemy. Only Persian units are engaged. Spartans are free to move or attack as they chose.

* All units (both Spartan and Persian) can move diagonally? Even when there are barriers (eg rules)
Yes, and yes.

* I do not understand the turn of the Spartans. I need at least two "partners" of the dice for the action to move and then attack? Or if I take couple of 6 and 3 (6,6,3,3) I can move 6 spaces, and what I do with those 3? I would ask please make me an example of Spartans roll. I am so lost in this step.
Spartans roll 1,1,1 they can move 2 squares (as if 2 actions with power 1) or not move at all but attack (1 action with power 2)
Spartans roll 1,1, 2,2, 4,4. They can move up to 3 squares (3 actions) or move up to 2 squares (use 2 actions) and then attack with the last action.
Spartans roll 11, 2,2, 6,6. They can move up to 3 squares and then attack, since the highest power is 6.

* What happens if I finish a wave but my Spartan unit is in a place where the Persians are deployed (box 1). I have deployed or are not prohibited from being displayed in the last row?

Good question, I have not defined it. Let me think about it, and I will let you know!

Thabks for asking!
Greetings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master What
msg tools
Can someone post a game playthrough for this. I just don't get the rules even though I read the PDF and watched the review video on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Pratt
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saradjen wrote:
Can someone post a game playthrough for this. I just don't get the rules even though I read the PDF and watched the review video on YouTube.

I played this today, just once so far but I think I've got the idea well enough to do a video after a couple more practice plays. Except the "Group Fighting" part. That still doesn't quite make sense, but maybe someone with experience with different war games might understand the intentions of that rule more easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a wonderful game. Thankyou for you amazing design work to develop a rules light, simple playing but strongly thematic game. Well done and I appreciate you making it available to dedicated PNP people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.