Subject: Movement of Hulk Drone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, I'm working on my copy of Zaibatsu (and I'm deeply impressed by theme, artwork and the game mechanics!).

In the process of development I found a strange incoherence between the rulebook and the cards:
I) The Hulk Drone Card reads:
"At the beginning of your turn roll a d6 die. Number on the die indicates movement direction of Hulk Drone. Hulk Drone then moves in a straight line to the edge of the cybernet. All enemy pawns in its path are eliminated."

On the other hand, you find in p. 23 in the rulebook:
II) "Hulk Drone: (...) Player cannot assign Movement actions through the action cards to Hulk Drone. It moves from Information block to Information block and ignores the spaces. Moves 1 block each turn."

I'd like to suggest the following interpretation of the rules:
- As I) seems rather mighty to me (OK, Hulk Drone is a powerful instrument of modern mass destruction...), it should only move 1 Information block each turn (contrary to "to the edge of the cybernet").
- Because it deletes every enemy pawn on its way, it should be clear, which pawns are "on its way", therefore it should use the shortest path (using REGULAR SPACES!) to the next information block.
- The randomness of movement sounded great in my ears (at a first glance), but with limited movement (1 Block per turn) the player who controls Hulk Drone should have control over the Drones movement direction at least: The player could choose an Information block adjacent to the Information Block in which the Drone is currently positioned. The Drone is moved on the shortest path possible on this chosen Information block, using the usual movement spaces (countig each space as "1", no matter if it's a normal, double etc. space). If there are more than one possible routes, the controlling player may choose one of them. This might even result in the Drone crossing other Information Blocks before entering the chosen Information Block (if only the route is the shortest one possible!).

Please comment my suggestions; currently I'm rather unsure how to use the Hulk Drone...

Thanks for this great game! Greetings, Jan Meyberg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card I have for the Hulk Drone says it moves one Information Block a turn. The player who controls the drone decides where it moves. I don't see anything about moving in a random straight line. Maybe there's a discrepancy between our versions? When and where did you download your files?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Froylan
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
meyberg wrote:
Currently, I'm working on my copy of Zaibatsu (and I'm deeply impressed by theme, artwork and the game mechanics!).

In the process of development I found a strange incoherence between the rulebook and the cards:
I) The Hulk Drone Card reads:
"At the beginning of your turn roll a d6 die. Number on the die indicates movement direction of Hulk Drone. Hulk Drone then moves in a straight line to the edge of the cybernet. All enemy pawns in its path are eliminated."

On the other hand, you find in p. 23 in the rulebook:
II) "Hulk Drone: (...) Player cannot assign Movement actions through the action cards to Hulk Drone. It moves from Information block to Information block and ignores the spaces. Moves 1 block each turn."

I'd like to suggest the following interpretation of the rules:
- As I) seems rather mighty to me (OK, Hulk Drone is a powerful instrument of modern mass destruction...), it should only move 1 Information block each turn (contrary to "to the edge of the cybernet").
- Because it deletes every enemy pawn on its way, it should be clear, which pawns are "on its way", therefore it should use the shortest path (using REGULAR SPACES!) to the next information block.
- The randomness of movement sounded great in my ears (at a first glance), but with limited movement (1 Block per turn) the player who controls Hulk Drone should have control over the Drones movement direction at least: The player could choose an Information block adjacent to the Information Block in which the Drone is currently positioned. The Drone is moved on the shortest path possible on this chosen Information block, using the usual movement spaces (countig each space as "1", no matter if it's a normal, double etc. space). If there are more than one possible routes, the controlling player may choose one of them. This might even result in the Drone crossing other Information Blocks before entering the chosen Information Block (if only the route is the shortest one possible!).

Please comment my suggestions; currently I'm rather unsure how to use the Hulk Drone...

Thanks for this great game! Greetings, Jan Meyberg

Hello!

You probably have an outdated version of the Hulk drone card whistle

If you are using the recolored version of Microver99 this is the updated version of the Hulk drone card:

The rules for playing this new version they are those described in the rulebook

Saludos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
twosheds semprini
msg tools
Hi Mikosama,

I really love the game that you have made (many thanks) and also a fan of Microver99's recolored version.

I've noticed that many cards have different cost at the two versions (monochrome and color). Some cards have different mechanic or not even appeared in color (psycho chip). I guess the cards with the higher cost are outdated.

Am I right? And any chance you have corrected cards like Hulk Drone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mikosama just posted new version of the rules, and his cards/rules/wahtever are up to date as he's the author.

Maybe the recolored version are outdated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your input!
The image was exactly what I needed... (it's a pity I just printed and laminated all my cards - I think I'll have to do a reprint when I'm done with all my information blocks... Just like in big business with boardgames ;-) )

Greetings, Jan Meyberg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the recoloured version seems to be outdated I did a little Copy&Paste-Job to make an up-to-date-version of the cards with differing costs / abilities.

My only source was the Screenshot function of Acrobat reader so the quality isn't exactly perfect ;-) , but I managed to update nearly every card (Psycho Chip uses picture and cardname of Transgenic Therapy and I could not update Worm due to my lack of the card text font).

Mikosama, was it appropriate if I would post the card rework so everybody could use them as proxies unless Microver99 produces a possible update?

Greetings, Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Froylan
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Hello

I've been offline for a couple of weeks, my computer had some problems and had to format it cry

Fortunately I am very cautious and always make backups of my files (I've only lost small number of files)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Since Microver99 published his version in color there have been some updates.

These are some of the cards I have updated:

...and of course the hulk drone:

These cards I made them Copy&Paste based on files published by Microver99... But there are still many outdated cards

It would be great if you could upload the updates you've made

Saludos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Second in a one horse race
Scotland
Bloxham
Oxon
flag msg tools
Cardboard rocks. It's just not the same on iOS.
badge
F&%K YOU, DODGEBALL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have time, I'll make updates to my files!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much, Microver99!

I'd like to upload my proxies - would you agree with that? They are what they are - proxies: They aren't layered, I used C&P to fill in the backgrounds, edges aren't as neat as they could be ...

When you'll have finished your work, we could upload both versions as a "find four mistakes"-approach to Zaibatsu ;-)

Keep on with your gorgeous work!

Greetings, Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meyberg wrote:
I'd like to upload my proxies - would you agree with that? They are what they are - proxies: They aren't layered, I used C&P to fill in the backgrounds, edges aren't as neat as they could be ...

Go ahead and share what you came up with, I say, why should it be any different!? Microver99 is busy with parenting his toddler, as far as I am aware, so you can't expect any input from him here anytime soon.

But as the game has been published under a Creative Commons license, you're free to build up on what you have, anyway, same as Microver99 has been doing.

And I think that there is a lot of interest in your corrections from other owners and players of this game, from me at least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Second in a one horse race
Scotland
Bloxham
Oxon
flag msg tools
Cardboard rocks. It's just not the same on iOS.
badge
F&%K YOU, DODGEBALL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have absolutely no problem with anyone modifying and publishing changes...

... especially as I'm not exactly racing through changes myself.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the later comments in this thread until someone informed me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much - my proxies have just been approved!

Happy gaming, Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.