Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
What the hell is that suppose to mean? So I found out that as a note "This game has slight to moderate cosmetic damage to the box and is still in the original shrinkwrap. The contents of the box are new, undamaged, and fully playable"

So let me get this straight, Thoughthammer has a section that they sell games that are not in good condtion?

They have another copy of it as new condition but they still have that has a pre-order.

I want my copy of Dungeon Run. Should I just buy the Ding & Dent copy even though the box has some kind of dent in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the box damage doesn't bother you, sure. I actually look for the damaged copies when I shop on Boards & Bits because they're slightly cheaper and it isn't the box I care about but what's inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
So let me get this straight, Thoughthammer has a section that they sell games that are not in good condtion?

This is an established practice. Funagain Games is another company that does this. And a 2-second "Boardgame Ding Dent" Google search reveals more businesses that sell discounted merch.

Generally it's because the package was creased or crunched or damaged during shipping. Or because the shrink wrap was slashed. If it's Thoughthammer or Funagain or another reputable business in the community, then it it's in their best interests to accurately assess why a game is being discounted. And this sure beats receiving a "new" game with broken components inside.

As to whether you should buy a Ding and Dent - it's your preference. Some people don't like any imperfections in their game copies and treat them like first edition books or antiques. Others recognize that as playable copies they may suffer some shelf wear or accidental dings and dents. Your mileage may vary. But the dealbreaker shouldn't be because you've never heard of the Ding and Dent discount being a thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReinhartTR wrote:
If the box damage doesn't bother you, sure. I actually look for the damaged copies when I shop on Boards & Bits because they're slightly cheaper and it isn't the box I care about but what's inside.

I can't speak for other vendors, but I've bought ding & dent from Boards & Bits a few times and once or twice I couldn't even find the "blemish". Given a choice, I will ALWAYS choose the ding & dent copy when shopping online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.