Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group has enjoyed this game in the past, but there is one little thing I wanted to clarify before we bring this to the table again this coming weekend. Originally, when we first played the game, we thought that the bonus for weapons and shields, as inferred in the rules and on the chart, was your current tech level +1. Thus, at the beginning of the game, you would have a 1 bonus to both weapons and shields, and 0 bonus to comm and engines.

However, after a play or two, we changed it to being that weapons and shields, along with the other two techs, all have a bonus of zero, and as per the chart, when you get to tech one with weapons or shields you jump from 0 bonus to a bonus of 2. I can't remember why we changed it to that, maybe someone read something or such, but I recall that we all liked it a lot better. Is there an official ruling one way or the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official rule is that at the start, there are no bonuses: everything is at 0. Weapons and Shields immediately jump to a bonus of 2 when you increase either of their levels to 1.

Sorry if that was confusing.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.