Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

2019: The ARCTIC» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about "Countries can not control sea sectors" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guillaume Bilodeau
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
Hi,

we played our first game of this amazing game yesterday, but I dont think we played correct about certain points of rules.

Lets say we are in mode "Ships take control of sea sectors".

We then, at the end of the turn, switch to "Countries can not
control sea sectors".

WE remove each control token from the board, and ALL sea platforms become ILLEGAL.

So during a single turn, Lets say white player in the RUSSIA board build a platform in a sea sector where the boats of RUSSIA are present, it builds on the "illegal" side. AND then, the black player could take the action "Move Russian ships" and automatically destroy this newly built platform. ? Is that right ?

Second question:
When we are under this political status (Countries can not
control sea sectors), the only way to build platform is to create it FROM a country and WHERE a country has boat on a neutral sea sector? so it can easily be destroyed by this same country on the next action ?


We're just not sure we played or understood this political status correctly, please help !!!

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
drydius wrote:
So during a single turn, Lets say white player in the RUSSIA board build a platform in a sea sector where the boats of RUSSIA are present, it builds on the "illegal" side. AND then, the black player could take the action "Move Russian ships" and automatically destroy this newly built platform. ? Is that right ?

Illegal platforms can be risky indeed.

Quote:
Second question:
When we are under this political status (Countries can not
control sea sectors), the only way to build platform is to create it FROM a country and WHERE a country has boat on a neutral sea sector? so it can easily be destroyed by this same country on the next action ?

That is how you build an illegal platform (in an uncontrolled sea sector). But you can also build legal platforms (in coastal sectors controlled by countries).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kurek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
drydius wrote:
Hi,

we played our first game of this amazing game yesterday, but I dont think we played correct about certain points of rules.

Lets say we are in mode "Ships take control of sea sectors".

We then, at the end of the turn, switch to "Countries can not
control sea sectors".

WE remove each control token from the board, and ALL sea platforms become ILLEGAL.

So during a single turn, Lets say white player in the RUSSIA board build a platform in a sea sector where the boats of RUSSIA are present, it builds on the "illegal" side. AND then, the black player could take the action "Move Russian ships" and automatically destroy this newly built platform. ? Is that right ?

Second question:
When we are under this political status (Countries can not
control sea sectors), the only way to build platform is to create it FROM a country and WHERE a country has boat on a neutral sea sector? so it can easily be destroyed by this same country on the next action ?


We're just not sure we played or understood this political status correctly, please help !!!

Thanks


You interpreted both issues correctly, so I`m happy that manual allows for that.
(It`s possible that Russ is happy as well )

See also this thread including more details:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/723528/we-have-problems-...




1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.