Subject: Posting files rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Simple question. I have a game I’m working up. I have rules to share, but I don’t myself have a site to share them on. How can I share them here on the geek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
The game itself needs adding to the Database first.

Misc > Create > Add Board Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't really put it up on here until it is at least playable. If it is, then fine. You can always host stuff for free on somewhere like google docs or Box.net - I have games there: http://www.box.net/shared/7qjatc3yg6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
I'm not thrilled by either of these options. I have actually produced and played the game, but I don't know if it is worthy of its own page (though maybe it is...). And hosting externally is just a lot of guff. I shall ponder these options, though. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:
I'm not thrilled by either of these options. I have actually produced and played the game, but I don't know if it is worthy of its own page (though maybe it is...). And hosting externally is just a lot of guff. I shall ponder these options, though. Thanks!

Sorry, but if you don't like "hosting them here" or "hosting them externally" what exactly were you looking for? Addresses to send carrier pigeons to?

I'm not actually trying to give you a hard time. I feel like we've failed to answer your question because maybe we didn't get what you were asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:

I can understand where you are coming from.

Hosting them off site is, akin to hosting them in a dark cave somewhere, with low traffic and cold frostbite love.

Hosting them on site is like taking them to an un avuncular uncle who like to smite with spite. If your interested I would happily look at the rules over the holidays.

Which could be the third option: place it in the cave but invite interested designers and gamers to have a look at it and give you some lovely feedback. If you get positive stuff you have should, jolly well, create a record for it.

Win-Win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:
How many others have played it? If it has been extensively playtested then there is no problem putting up a page for it here (depending on how busy the admins are it may take then a while to approve file uploads, however. That is one reason that I have the files on the game pages, but also have an external site, because I can update that immediately). But if it has only been playtested by you, your mum, and your best mate, then you probably need to test it more first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
keethrax wrote:
Gylthinel wrote:

Sorry, but if you don't like "hosting them here" or "hosting them externally" what exactly were you looking for? Addresses to send carrier pigeons to?

I'm not actually trying to give you a hard time. I feel like we've failed to answer your question because maybe we didn't get what you were asking.

This actually precisely answered my questions by outlining my options. I just don't LIKE the options, as aptly outlined by Liam Liam (incidentally, I wanted to name my son Liam... but lost).

The game has been playtested by me and a handful of 'mates.' Not extensive by any stretch. Its a solid game, though I'm still not quite satisfied. But I never am.

I think I will dust off the rules, gussy them up, and post a site. Though Rob Rob's synopsis of how to do that is... a bit more cryptic than I can decipher.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.