United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance PBF #8 just finished, and although the Resistance lost spectacularly (zero to three), it was the most I've ever analyzed a game. While it was fun, it was too stressful for me to want to play again immediately. I think I want to moderate one! Here are some notes.

1 I intend to moderate a game without Plot Cards.

2 I'm looking for seven players. I feel it's the ideal number, but could potentially be swayed to go higher if there is huge demand.

3 Bold text is for official proposals. Italic text is for flavor/fluff/in-character/roleplaying. Normal text is for table talk and strategy discussion.

4 Voting will be handled via PM through me. No other discussion should occur via PM, between any of the players. If you're a Spy and you try to PM another one of your Spy buddies, then you're a dirty cheater. So don't do it!

5 In order to keep the game moving, I'd appreciate if everybody checks in at least once per day, and ideally multiple times throughout the day. Weekends are a bit more lax, but players are encouraged to check in on weekends if possible. In the case of planned absences (as will likely come up around Christmas), just let everybody know so nobody is unnecessarily checking in. If you expect you'll be away from the Internet for more than one week at a time, I would urge you not to sign up.

6 If you sign up, then subscribe to this thread. It will help you know when somebody else has posted something.

So if you're interested, sign up below! I'm really excited to see this from the eyes of an omniscient observer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like an idiot for doing this but... sign me up...but only assuming the game is a 7p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are up to take a noob on board, I am swimming!

Familiarity with the rules is the only prerequisite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You're an addict, Clyde!

Here are the currently signed up players. I will randomize player order once we hit seven.

d10-1 Joeyeti
d10-2 Crimson_Phoenix
d10-3 FancyWeirdo
d10-4 eunoia
d10-5 Titaniumator
d10-6 Jythier
d10-7 DrDyregod

Alternate: clydeiii
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:

I don't know if anybody has got any official word from Indie Board & Cards, but generally the rule of thumb is that you ought to own a game before you PBF it. That said, The Resistance is very much like Werewolf in that you really don't need to buy anything in order to play it. I'll see if I can contact the publisher to see their stance on PBF games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a matter of fact, I do own it
Even if it is a redesigned Mafia-themed game in the Czech/Slovak version, it is Resistance by any means necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, and i want to be resistance. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fancy Weirdo
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Three spots left!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:

Aw man this is going to wreck me again, isn't Dex? Grumble grumble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Dex, consider me the seventh only if you can't get 7, please. Maybe you're right...I might not be up for another one so soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I feel like an idiot for doing this but... sign me up...but only assuming the game is a 7p.

Sign me up, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this where I sign up for spying The Resistance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dex - 5 and 6 are going pretty well too. 7 actually has the most spyness to it of any number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I will sit this one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Dex - 5 and 6 are going pretty well too. 7 actually has the most spyness to it of any number of players.
In order, I like 7, 5 and then 6. 8+ is too chaotic for me to do an real analysis in, unless there's plot cards. Well, I suppose I don't really know, having never PBF'ed anything higher than 7, but 7 was hard enough. I can't imagine what 8+ would be like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a "Lost"-themed PBF game? If so...might reconsider my alternate status...sounds like a fun theme. Arrg! No! Must ... er ... Resist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Is this a "Lost"-themed PBF game? If so...might reconsider my alternate status...sounds like a fun theme. Arrg! No! Must ... er ... Resist!

I was planning on setting it on an island, but not as a Lost theme. No, "Center of the Island" is a reference to something else. I was curious to see if anybody picked up on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if we don't get any more volunteers in two days or so, we'll start up with 5. I think I'd also prefer 5 over 6, though I ideally like 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Who am I kidding? In!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
One spot left! If we don't get anybody in the next couple days, I'm going to strongarm Clyde into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll help! Clydeiii's an asset to any team he's on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh...

While I thank you for the vote of confidence, I am currently rehearsing for a show (Tom Stoppard's Arcadia) and teaching swing dancing a few nights a week, when I'm not at my day job, so me obsessing over multiple PBF games at the same time is mucho dangerous for my productivity.

Regardless of this, Jythier, I am currently writing a Python script called SpyBusters. I'm going to test it out on the PBF8 and 10 data and see how well it does. I think it'll spot the spies in 8, though they were fairly obvious in their voting. I think it won't do so well in 10, the voting has been very tricky in that one. We'll see, at least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.