GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,263 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Lemonade Stand» Forums » General

Subject: Why so little interest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petr Mojzis
Czech Republic
Praha 4
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, this game could be a gem. Short simple entrepreneurial game with great theme and amazing artwork. Anybody have an idea why is so little interest about it here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jezura wrote:
I think, this game could be a gem. Short simple entrepreneurial game with great theme and amazing artwork. Anybody have an idea why is so little interest about it here?

Personally, it's a combination of a) Not needing more enterprise building games b) Never played the old computer game c) It's being done by MayDay games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I did play the old computer game, and I think of it as a kid's toy, and so I would expect (rightly or wrongly) this to be a kids game, which I'm not interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bit of filler glut in my collection and I don't have much spare cash for kickstarter supporting around the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a filler game and I have enough games in that category.
My girlfriend would likely say I have more than enough games in any category...
But it looks fun and I hope they manage to get it made. I would love to try it one day, but there is just no more room in my gaming closet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Parker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give you two reasons:

1) No video. Basically a crime - why bother.
2) Not one update to campaign.

A Kickstarter project is like a garden - must be tended to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Lownds
United Kingdom
Swansea
uk
flag msg tools
badge
Merry Christmas, you filthy animal
mbmbmbmbmb
Personaly, unless playing an abstract, Im often playing a game for the same reasons we read books, watch movies etc. Im in it for the escapism. I wanna conquor armies, build kingdoms, shoot zombies, err run the national grid. I cant imagine getting excited about selling lemonade. Looks good, just not for me.
Unless the sellers sabotage one another with poison and such like.Then id be all "ooh sneeky."
Wheres the drama?
and as a kid I felt pretty similar about the escapism. If i was playing a bidding cardgame or similar id probably try play poker or pontoon with matchsticks instead of something clearly designed to be "for the kids".
Im sure your game is great. Just not for me.

*walks off drinking a 10c cup of lemonade*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you are right about the video and updates, they are long overdue. We got busy with Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and just got behind on stuff. We have both now! We have also just sent a demo copy of the game to Tom Vasel for a video review, that should certainly generate some interest, for better or worse.

Thanks for the interest here at least, the game should get funded though, it really is quite good!

Why are not all our games interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.