Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the first scenario, Pegasus Bridge.

The British started out very strong capturing the bridge on the right flank quickly. They the dispatched a German patrol just north of the bridge. Allies 2 - Axis 0

The germans after being hit by the surprise attack regrouped and took out a British patrol in the middle adjacent to the forest area. They the reinforced their number over near the Pegasus Bridge.

Allies 2 - Axis 1

The British move forward on their left flank and hit for 1 agains the Germans behind the sand bags. A flag also shows up on the roll but is negated by the sandbag effect. A second attack from another unit hits 2 more of the germans leaving only 1 left behind the sandbags.

The Germans bring more troops over the bridge to help the injured unit. Also over on the right flank a german unit recaptures the bridge after killing off the remaining units protecting it.

Allies 1 - Axis 2

The allies are reeling after losing the bridge they had just won. They send 2 units up from the middle and one remaining on the right and kill the germans on the bridge. This leaves the bridge open for the taking on the next turn if the order is given.

Allies 2 - Axis 2

The germans finish off another of the British units attacking Pegasus Bridge.

Allies 2 - Axis 3

The allies retake the bridge on the right flank. (unfortunately there are no cards to command anything in the left flank at the moment)

Allies 3 - Axis 3

The germans make a final push on the British Infantry units adjacent to Pegasus Bridge making another killing blow rolling 3 infantry hits to finish off another unit.

Allies 3 - Axis 4

Final thoughts:

It played rather quickly solo. I am not sure I played the best game possible for the British units but they were really a victim of bad rolls down the stretch. The German always seemed to get the right card they needed when they needed it and made the best of their rolls. I dont think they ever totally missed on any of their attacks. I really enjoyed this game solo and plan to run right through the remainder of the scenarios in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing Memoir 44 Online,
then you have been had by a calculator.
The bot uses it's cards to determine the maximum number of dice rolls.
Therefore it comes out of cover to attack to get the most dice. If you let it, it will beat you with this strategy.

1. Retreat wounded units
2. Wait and attack enmass when posssible making sure to have cards for follow up attacks.
3. Slow and steady wins the race.
4. Only fools rush in where angels fear to trod!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this was played with the board game. I figured the British would try to rush toward the victory while the Germans played defensively taking their shots when possible. So that is how I played the two sides. Really the British could have easily have won this scenario but they were the victim of bad cards and bad rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panzer 9000
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have a look at this:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/160122/pegasus-bridge-a-stra...

At the bottom there are links for other strategy articles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the early strategic mistakes I made with M44 was sending units into the open and stranding them there without a good follow-up card. My rule of thumb is when I'm on the offensive, expect the other side to counter. If you can't take out your target in one turn, expect to take some casualties and have another card to take it out on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.