Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all,

I was thinking about curses today and I had to pull out my rulebook to confirm my sneaking suspicions... I don't think killing a monster is supposed to end any curse EXCEPT for the one that explicitly states that the curse is ended by killing a monster (Bloodlust).

Here is what the rulebook says on the subject of curses:

Quote:
Curses: Some Encounter Cards represent a curse that affects
a single Hero. Place a Curse Card on top of your Hero Card to
remember its effect. Curses last a short time, such as until you
defeat a Monster or when you roll a 16 or higher at the end of
your turn.

Emphasis is mine. When you use the phrase "such as" in this context, it is outlining examples of how a curse could be ended.

If this is not the correct interpretation... why put instructions on the bottom of the card as to how to end the curse at all?

What do you guys think? Unless it's been answered elsewhere, I believe that the only way to lift a curse is to do EXACTLY as it says on the bottom of the card... rolling a 16+ or killing a random monster has nothing to do with ending your curse.

Halp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, you remove a curse when the curse says you can remove it. There's also a Legend of Drizzt treasure card that removes them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
SlebRittie wrote:
You're right, you remove a curse when the curse says you can remove it. There's also a Legend of Drizzt treasure card that removes them.

Am I? I was under the impression that A LOT of people believe you can remove a curse just by killing a monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made an entire thread bitching about how much I hate the Cage and not one person claimed that the caged person could get out by attacking a monster.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/680483/possible-house-ru...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting... maybe I'm crazy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, follow the card. The rulebook was just giving examples.

(No, I don't mean the crazy part )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mb
I felt like people were playing it this way for some reason... not sure why. Maybe I heard/read something wrong when I first got here and just ran with it... anyway, carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.