Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are removing an opponent's last minion and he also has a building there, do you remove the building as well? Can the building exist without at least one minion?

Also, say you have a city space that has one building and two minions, one of them yours, but the trouble marker was previously removed due to a card action. You now add another of your minions to the city - can you add the trouble marker even though there is a building present or can you never have a building and a trouble marker in the same city space?

I'm brand new to this game and didn't see this mentioned in the rules.
Thanks for any help,
Karen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
If you are removing an opponent's last minion and he also has a building there, do you remove the building as well? Can the building exist without at least one minion?

The building remains. Buildings are only removed by effects that state they remove buildings (e.g. Fire Brigade)

Quote:
Also, say you have a city space that has one building and two minions, one of them yours, but the trouble marker was previously removed due to a card action. You now add another of your minions to the city - can you add the trouble marker even though there is a building present or can you never have a building and a trouble marker in the same city space?

You add a trouble marker. Buildings can only be built in areas with no trouble, but once they are up, there is nothing to stop trouble happening later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:

The building remains. They're pretty hard to get rid of.

Quote:

You must add a trouble marker when you place a minion in a space with a minion, even if both are yours. And buildings and trouble can coexist. The lack of trouble requirement is only for the placement of the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
If you are removing an opponent's last minion and he also has a building there, do you remove the building as well?

no

Quote:
Can the building exist without at least one minion?

yes

Quote:

Trouble is added if a minion is placed in a area that already has another minion. A Building is not a minion and as no effect on the placing of trouble markers. (Though a trouble marker does have an effect on the placing of buildings.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fusag wrote:
The building remains. They're pretty hard to get rid of.

Tell that to my brother who has lost at least one building each game he has played, and once lost a building in the same area twice in one game.

Impressive. Three answers, all saying the same thing,all within one minute of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
Tell that to my brother who has lost at least one building each game he has played, and once lost a building in the same area twice in one game.

I feel like the only reliable way to get rid of someone's building is Lady Sybil or Reacher Gilt, and even then you have to pay them for it. Late in one game, we had 7 buildings on the board. Fire got pulled, demolishing one building, and not any of the ones we were hoping for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for such quick replies. For such a simplistic mechanic, I'm finding this game very enjoyable!
Thanks again for your help,
Karen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.