Popular Tags: [View All]
matt tolman
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Look for my first published game, Undermining! Coming soon from Z-man games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know:

Quote:
While mining below the surface of an asteroid, someone uncovered an ancient document. Simply known as the lost pages, the document contains tile descriptions and official variants for a legendary mining competition known as "Undermining".

Sorry can't remember if it was in the Wall Street Journal or the Times, but it's exciting news nonetheless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely confused us in our first play why the alien tech icons seemed to match the cards but we were supposed to blind draw them!

I see you also clarified the Reactor gives you the extra actions on the turn you install it, which is nice.

The only other rule I got wrong was assuming that all rubble should be flipped to rock instead of only the top row being forced that way. If I'd looked closer at the setup diagram I would have figured that out sooner.

Great rulebook, and great game!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered an error the way we were playing. Whenever we drilled an Alien Tech card we just instantly took the card. We did not put it in a cargo bay first and take it back to the refinery before collecting a card. Our error obviously - everything else has to be put in cargo bays I do not know why we assumed the Alien Techs did not apply. Will be fun to play the correct way next time.

One other rule that really needs to be clarified as it is absent in the rules. When you buy a contract you only buy one per action. We thought it was like buying equipment where one action you buy all you want.

Thanks Matt, good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link for those who were confused like me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt tolman
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Look for my first published game, Undermining! Coming soon from Z-man games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
Link for those who were confused like me.

Wow, is my face red. I can't believe I didn't provide the link, as that... was... the point. Hmmm. I'll go now... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.