Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 2 from base game solo.

Prior to turn 1 the Americans airdropped 2 extra units onto the map.

Turn 1:
Americans attack German units in middle town, 2 killed.
Germans kill 1 American that had moved into the town on the right flank.

Turn 2:
Americans return fire on their left flank killing 1 german from that unit.
Germans in their left flank advance.

Turn 3:
Americans in right flank hedge fire on german unit killing 2
Germans return fire kill 1 american in the hedge.

Turn 4:
Americans finish off the german unit in the middle town.
Germans advance their armor in their left flank. Armor misses americans it attacks.

Allies 1 - Axis 0

Turn 5:
Americans attack forward germans in the right flank causing that german unit to retreat.
Germans armor attacks american infantry unit missing but causing them to retreat.

Turn 6:
Americans start a firefight. In the left flank the americans knock out the remainder of a german unit and in the right flank they finish off another injured german unit.
German armor chases down americans that retreat missing them again and causing another american retreat.

Allies 3 - Axis 0

Turn 7:
American units attack several german units causing minor damage to each.
German units fight back causing minor damage to 2 units.

Turn 8:
Americans in the left flank make a final push finishing off another injured german unit

Allies 4 - Axis 0

Final Thoughts:
This time the Allies got all the rolls. The Germans had decent cards but just couldn't hit anything. The German Armor went wasted not causing 1 damage to an American unit. The Germans had the numbers and what appeared to be the better positioning but couldn't get it done. The American airdrop troops really didn't do anything. They were the unit the German Armor chased down but couldn't hit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The German Armor went wasted not causing 1 damage to an American unit.

The tanks thrive in open space. You need to get them out where they can move and also locate a target in the open. If there's aren't any targets out in the open, use the infantry to flush them out.

I absolutely love the airdrop mechanic in this scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The air drop is awesome. The first time I tried that scenario one of my troops was well behind enemy lines and made a great flank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this scenario last night. My Allied opponent dropped 2 american units behind the town in the german center as well as another unit in the center parallel with the other allied units.

The American units in the German rear withdrew to link up with the main advancing American line and together pushed all my German units out of the towns. After some careful maneauvering on both side without much conflict, battle was again rejoined. Eventually my Germans pushed most of the Americans out of the towns and the German tank unit (down to 1 tank) rolled into the American rear and eliminated a 1 infantry American unit for the last medal and win.

Fun scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
the German tank unit (down to 1 tank) rolled into the American rear and eliminated a 1 infantry American unit for the last medal and win.

Fun scenario!

I love the "cherry pick". Taking out 1 figure units to get a victory. One of the best uses for an "air power/sortie" card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished playing this scenario.
I agree, the air-drop mechanism is fun. I ended up with all four units dropping safely around the main town.

The Axis tank unit didn't manage to manoeuvre out until the middle of the game, by which time the Allies were pushing forward on the left flank. The Axis tanks earned 2 medals, but the Allies on the left won the game with the 4th medal. Fun scenario. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.