Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
I will play this game mainly with only 2 players. I kind of like the Small World Underground art better.

Is one of them better with 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Siew
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both games with two. Underground entices you to do more conflict with the other player, in my opinion, since the places of power and relics give you something to compete for other than just territory.

However, Underground has more stuff going on and if you haven't played the original it might have a slight learning curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
I guess I can remove the relic&places token for my first time playing and only put 1 monster per place instead of 2 to make it feel like the original Small World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played Underground for the first time last night, and I do feel like it adds some extra mayhem (which I found a good thing) with the relics and places. In the end, the games are of course pretty darn similar so I'd go with whichever makes you happier to look at. Maybe check out which races are in each box, and pick the ones that interest you most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
bugeeker wrote:
Just played Underground for the first time last night, and I do feel like it adds some extra mayhem (which I found a good thing) with the relics and places. In the end, the games are of course pretty darn similar so I'd go with whichever makes you happier to look at. Maybe check out which races are in each box, and pick the ones that interest you most.

Shadow mimes for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cannon
United States
Marion
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Underground yet but I am pretty sure that both games are similar. I have played Smallworld quite a bit with 2 players and it's been great fun. It really is what ever game interests you more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.