Thunderstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Divine prophet- question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
With his ability draw 2 cards for each monster revealed in hand;

Lets say i have 2 monsters and pick up 4 cards; and 2 of them are monsters; so can I pick up another 4 cards?

Also can I stop drawing on will ?

Seems for me both answers Yes; but clarification would more convincing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You count the monsters in your hand at the time you use the ability, then draw that many cards. So if you have other draw effects, use them first, then your Prophet for max. However, if you have 2x Prophet, you trigger one first, draw say 4 cards (2 monsters), and reveal 2 more monsters among those. You now trigger the second Prophet and get 8 cards since you now have 4 monsters in hand.

Can't recall anything about stopping drawing at will. You have a choice whether to trigger the effect or not, but if you do, you have to draw all the cards I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the special ability has the "Repeat" keyword (ie - Repeat Dungeon), it's a one time effect that triggers. If you choose to use the ability, you must play it through to completion and cannot just arbitrarily decide to stop drawing cards if you get the one you really wanted in the first place. Revealing 2 monsters means you draw 4 more cards, even if you know after 3 that the only thing left in your deck are disease cards, you have to pick one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
Thx for replies; Considering that there are different points of view

iso more opinions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Sallwasser
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure slaqr will be on to give you an official answer however the previous posters are correct.

1) You only check the cards in hand at the time the dungeon ability is used. Any further monsters drawn are ignored.

2) You must always do as much of the action as possible. In this case you would draw until you had reached the number of cards you were supposed to draw. If your player deck is emptied by this, reshuffle the discard pile and continue drawing as needed, or there are no cards left to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
Seems my both guessings were false; ok Ill do as You said.

BTW

Just have read the Dragonspire glossary : Toryn gauntlet.It lead me to next question; Is it legal to equip the weapon, then attack monster with effects: uneq h.cannot attack; minus to strenght; and lose the weapon attack/light etc.due to reduced str but still applying heros attack bonuses as he was wielding a weapon at the start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an official answer:

As Dungeon Effects are static, only checking at the point they are used, you only draw cards for the monsters INITIALLY in your hand. If you have 2 monsters revealed, draw 4 cards. Regardless of whether or not the new cards are monsters, you do not draw more than the 4 cards for the initial 2 monsters. If you used the same dungeon effect from a different card, you could then draw more cards for both the newly drawn and previously possessed monsters.

As for your second question, if the hero loses the weapon he is not equipped. He, therefore, would not be allowed to attack at all. I hope I'm understanding the question correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldemar Gliszczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
slaqr wrote:

As for your second question, if the hero loses the weapon he is not equipped. He, therefore, would not be allowed to attack at all. I hope I'm understanding the question correctly.

I thought and played exactly the way You said, but explanation of a card Toryns Gauntlet ( from rulebook glossary ) really messed up in my mind.

Edited:; now I see my mistake; toryns gauntlet is a weapon itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.