GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Queen Games» Forums » General

Subject: Lack of PDF rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sann Dehrclahs
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I Wish You a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a particular reason that Queen Games don't have any (that I've been able to find, anyway) of the rules for their games available in PDF form on their website? I find reading the rules to be indispensable in determining if a game might be something worth pursuing as a purchase, so much so that I won't even consider buying a game unless I can do so.

I see they have a couple of "Video Rules" available, but as I mostly print the rules to be read when I'm waiting to do something else at work, that doesn't do me a whole lot of good (that, and there aren't many games with said "Video Rules").

I've contacted Queen Games directly (both here on BGG and via a couple of different company e-mail addresses) about possibly getting the rules for a specific game that I expressed interest in, but I heard nothing back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ross
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Is there any specific game you're not finding rules for? I have managed to find PDFs of all the recent releases on their website.

Don't go to the Download section, which seems dreadfully out of date. You can find links to the rules from the game pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sann Dehrclahs
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I Wish You a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
sross wrote:
Is there any specific game you're not finding rules for?

Specifically, New York and Alhambra: The Card Game. I get that they each should be just rethemes of Alhambra and Alhambra: The Card Game, but that's not something I really would want to count on for my determining if a game is for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor de Santa Maria
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
Lover of love. And euros too.
badge
I play with RED. Anything else is misery. And I don't want an old fat lady crushing my ankles with a hammer.
mbmbmbmbmb
sross wrote:
Is there any specific game you're not finding rules for? I have managed to find PDFs of all the recent releases on their website.

Don't go to the Download section, which seems dreadfully out of date. You can find links to the rules from the game pages.
Also the rules for Kingdom Builder are nowhere to be found... the are links, yeah, but there's no PDF, only a 404 Page not Found error!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen Games is one of the few companies that are unwilling to post the rules of their new games online.

Add to that their new pricing policy of many small and VERY expensive expansions, and it went quickly from being one of my favorite game companies, to one that i will avoid at all costs...

Pitty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Queen Games is one of the few companies that are unwilling to post the rules of their new games online.

I think it's more the case that they don't have anyone that updates their website reliably. They've been posting rules for new games on BGG at least (or at least having me post the rules for them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythgard wrote:
Also the rules for Kingdom Builder are nowhere to be found... the are links, yeah, but there's no PDF, only a 404 Page not Found error!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70570/kingdom-builder-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor de Santa Maria
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
Lover of love. And euros too.
badge
I play with RED. Anything else is misery. And I don't want an old fat lady crushing my ankles with a hammer.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Mythgard wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/70570/kingdom-builder-...
I'm looking for the spanish rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.